Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hi I came across your post whilst I was looking for information on the required electrical interface between an LS1 and 6L80E in a cross 8 Crewman. I am currently getting pricing on manufacturing the required adaptor housing and the stub shaft between the 6L80E and the transfer case. This housing will leave the transfer case in the same location in the vehicle, so that the drive shafts will not need changing. It looks like the transfer case mount may need a bit off a grind. Did you end up finding out any reliable information on a stand alone transmission controller. Wholesale Automatic Transmissions in Victoria, have a Compushift controller and I have requested info from them, but to date they have not responded. I am also working through what to do with the 4L65E TCM and its interface with the BCM and ECU. I am thinking that I might just get a manual tune on the LS1, but I want to make sure the CrossTrack system still works, I only use the car for charity rally's and the cross track is invaluable. If you are interested let me know and I will keep you in the loop. Regards Clive

Those drawings are everything I had in my mind for years! No way could I do what you have done there!

On the manual, it seems dropbox have canned my workshop manual file, so I'm uploading to my google drive right now for you. It's about 4 Gig.

I have gone through a fair bit this morning and can't find anything so far that would be affected by the 6L80e sitting in it.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Both the 6L80e and the 4L85e have 32 spline output shafts. Are you planning to use the output shaft from the 4L85e into the back of the 6L? or use a cut down 6L80e output shaft?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
The Cross6 came with the 5speed auto.

Sorry Fu, Cross 6 is 4 speed .......... Adventra V6 had the 5 speed, paddle shifts (?), and problems.

Edit. The transmission is a 4L60E, but the identification plate shows it as 'MK2' ............ a code which I have spent a bit of time today trying to identify.
Any ideas on that ?

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, Crewman owners got stooged.

I mentioned the 5 speed because it might have some usable parts in the way of adaptors or something. There’s not much on them.

CWG

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 GTSR
Both the 6L80e and the 4L85e have 32 spline output shafts. Are you planning to use the output shaft from the 4L85e into the back of the 6L? or use a cut down 6L80e output shaft?
I am making a new shaft 32 spline female for 6L80 to 43 spline male for the transfer case, it will be the same length and i will leave the VSS speed pick up on it. EDIT:- I may rethink trying to leave the std VSS in place, the 6L80E has internal VSS pickup which we will be using, to feed back into the PCM.

Last edited:

CWG

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 GTSR
I need to sit at home and have a couple off beers to digest al l the info. ;)