Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6L80e trans fluid

Black_ops

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jeep wrangler Ls2
Hi all, looking at getting information about the 6l80e transmission.
Our system at work shows it requires 5.7 Lt of trans fluid for a dry fill.. is this correct.
And also, how do I know how much fluid is too much... There's no dip stick to measure the amount in the box

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
And also, how do I know how much fluid is too much... There's no dip stick to measure the amount in the box

These are supposed to be a sealed unit/lifetime fluid or something dumb so you will need to install a dipstick kit. Transmission is the filled through the dipstick tube also.

Black_ops

Reaction score
Members Ride
Jeep wrangler Ls2
These are supposed to be a sealed unit/lifetime fluid or something dumb so you will need to install a dipstick kit. Transmission is the filled through the dipstick tube also.
Where and who has these dipstick kits

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Incorrect.

These have an overflow port in the sump. When the engine is running you open it untill there is a steady drop comming out at 50deg c. They take DEX 6 oil.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Hi all, looking at getting information about the 6l80e transmission.
Our system at work shows it requires 5.7 Lt of trans fluid for a dry fill.. is this correct.

That seems like the service capacity to me. But either way you're only going to get 5l batches of the oil so you'll have 10l anyway.

I pump out of a drum so I don't count the amount of oil but it's about 4 to 5 liters for a service.