Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6x9 Alpine Type R's or S?

Sambo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This has probably been discussed before, but what do people reccomend for rear speakers? I currently have type r splits at the front and running a pionner 4 channel amp looking to upgrade my rear speakers to Alpine Typre r's or Type S's. I spoke to a couple of Audio places and the reccomend the Type S over the Type R for rear 6x9 speakers. I like a bit of mid range bass

Last edited:

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Type R's over Type S's anyday mate.

I had a set of Type S 6"'s for the rear of my car (as i am running a sub etc) and they were rooted after 8 months, i used my mates Type R's for a while, and they sound alot clearer, better clarity and they can take a bit more of a pounding.

I'd say the same probably applies for 6X9's, maybe even moreso. If you are able to be a big spender, try and source some Type X's.

RUN41T

Go forth and modify
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 Vb Sle
Type r's are a much better quality speaker, Have a look at the sticky on the last page about speaker selection.

Sambo

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. I rang a car audio place in Melbourne and they suggested I get the Type S'S as there better suited for my car, as I have a 4 channel amp and type r's splits..I couldn't bealive it! Anyway I m going to buy the type R's 6x9 rears.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Type R's over Type S's anyday mate.

I had a set of Type S 6"'s for the rear of my car (as i am running a sub etc) and they were rooted after 8 months, i used my mates Type R's for a while, and they sound alot clearer, better clarity and they can take a bit more of a pounding.

I'd say the same probably applies for 6X9's, maybe even moreso. If you are able to be a big spender, try and source some Type X's.
type X 6x9's???

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I thought i saw a set of Type X 6X9's once...........??

I may be getting confused with the 6"'s though.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Thanks for the tips guys. I rang a car audio place in Melbourne and they suggested I get the Type S'S as there better suited for my car, as I have a 4 channel amp and type r's splits..I couldn't bealive it! Anyway I m going to buy the type R's 6x9 rears.

Better suited to your car? Good thing you can see through the crap mate. Definantly go with the Type R's!! :thumbsup:

Sambo

Reaction score
Got the 6x9 Alpine Type R's installed today with the 4 channel Amp. Alpine Type R's kick ASS. Guys if anyone wants a excellent installation guy in Melbourne, PM me. This guy beats JB, Strathfield, Gary's..you name it! He installed everything mentioned above and I could not be happier...

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
LOL!! ANYONE beats JB and Strathfield mate. Those have to be the 2 worst places to let touch your car EVER. Don't get me started on Gary's, a mate of mine used to work there at the one in Mitcham, they can't even install a car alarm properley.

It's really easy to do yourself, it's just time consuming and fidgety.

davidjanssen

Charged VT Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Supercharged
Got the 6x9 Alpine Type R's installed today with the 4 channel Amp. Alpine Type R's kick ASS. Guys if anyone wants a excellent installation guy in Melbourne, PM me. This guy beats JB, Strathfield, Gary's..you name it! He installed everything mentioned above and I could not be happier...

Hey mate, who was the person who installed your stuff for you?

Was it a reasonable price for labour?