Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6x9's playing up.

jiimbo12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY series 2 Equipe 3.8l ecotec V6
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone might know the resolution to the issue i am currently having.

I have a pioneer av reciever head deck, type r splits in the front and type r 6x9's, i have a 640 watt soundstream amp and dual fusion active wedge performance series subwoofers.

The problem i face is that one or the other of the 6x9's cuts out when the volume is around 15 (goes to 40) or so, when i turn it up to over 20 or so they both begin working again??? its quite annoying cause i dont really feel like blasting it all the time sometime i like it quite but i cant stand one speaker cutting in and out !!!!! :mad: i had this installed by car audio professional (extreme car audio) problem is i just cant afford to get them to look at it atm.

So basicly i just wanted to see if anyone here might have any ideas what may be the problem and how to go about fixing it!? :)

cheers.

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
I'd say loose wire.
Making a bad connection

If amped, Check the amp, Then follow it to the dodge speaker.
If not, Then you will have to check it on the headunit end, Then the speaker end.

I have seen some dodgy 'professional' work.
Usually just seem's like they rushed the work.

Any chance you could just take it back and tell them to deal with it?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
try hooking the rears up with the front channels and vicer versa (assuming u have a 4 ch amp?) and see if the fronts start doing it. could rule out the amp that way and see if its the speakers themselves.

how long have u had the set up 4 b4 it started happening? if not that long u should get them 2 trouble shoot it if it is there stuff up.