Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

7 by 10's in vp commodore

reggie_c2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 vs 2 clubsport
hi everyone just wondering how the hell u suppose to fit 7 by 10s in the back of my vp commodore, people have told me to buy spacers but i think they look **** house!!! i want to make my own shelf but have now idea where to begin? how do u take the original shelf out and how do u make another one? i have a sheet of 9mm mdf to make the shelf, but yeah some instructions would be beutiful on how to make and take out the shelf. im getting 500w kenwood 7 by 10s and 2 4" dash speakers and a 350 watt amp. so yeah thank u whoever has the time to teach me, my email is reggie_c2005 @hotmail .com if u want to email me, thanks again

Brooook

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec SW
I found out the hard way that you need to borrow or hire a jigsaw to make the speaker holes in the mdf.

I had fun putting speakers in but my VP is a stationwagon so a completely different setup.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Cut a bigger hole in the parcel shelf underneath the fibre board. This will allow the boot to act as sealed enclosure and develop PLENTY of low frequencies.