Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

7 year 175000km warranty on new holdens delivered

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I dunno, they say "across the range"; but they don't say it applies to all specs, which could mean the offer is only applicable to at least one spec-level of each model.

If you look at their site for offers, and sort by offer, the only things which appear & have the 7yr warranty are SV6's; which is also the only spec-level they've been advertising.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
They need to make this permanent rather than just a limited time offer. The world has moved on, a 3 year warranty is so 90's. If Kia can offer a 7 year warranty on the junk they dish out then anyone should be able to.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
KIA would have way fewer warranty repairs/returns than Holden, their 7yr warranty would cost them less than Holden's 3yr warranty.

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
They need to make this permanent rather than just a limited time offer. The world has moved on, a 3 year warranty is so 90's. If Kia can offer a 7 year warranty on the junk they dish out then anyone should be able to.
“Junk”? It’s pretty reliable junk that is for sure, hence the warranty.
KIA would have way fewer warranty repairs/returns than Holden, their 7yr warranty would cost them less than Holden's 3yr warranty.
Yep, totally.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Got any data to back that up?

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
“Junk”? It’s pretty reliable junk that is for sure, hence the warranty.

Yep, totally.

I'm yet to be convinced that Kia or Hyundai are suddenly the pinnacles of reliability. They were dishing up abhorrent crud up until recently and the newer ones haven't been around long enough to prove themselves. Do a google search and you will find plenty of owners with issues. This belief that they have suddenly become leaders in reliability overnight is more of an overhyped myth in my opinion.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think that 10-15 years' worth of better reliability than what Holden sells is enough time for us to make judgement.

Of course there will be a couple of pissed-off owners, things always go wrong with anything & when you've bought an example of one of the most reliable cars around you'll be disproportionately annoyed when something goes wrong.
Eg. who doesn't know a crapload of people with robomatic VW's, none of them having had a problem? Yet the loud minority were all "How can my pillar of Euro Perfection VW go wrong, aaargghhh!"

Same way that expectation works if you bought a new Cruze or Captiva and it broke-down 10m from the dealer's door, you'd just shrug & accept it as something you figured was going to happen some time within the first 4 weeks of ownership.

Last edited:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I’m paraphrasing but I remember Jeremy Clarkson saying if you buy a new Alfa Romeo and it doesn’t breakdown whilst driving out of the dealership then turn right around and go back and ask them what’s wrong with it.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I think that 10-15 years' worth of better reliability than what Holden sells is enough time for us to make judgement.

Of course there will be a couple of pissed-off owners, things always go wrong with anything & when you've bought an example of one of the most reliable cars around you'll be disproportionately annoyed when something goes wrong.
Eg. who doesn't know a crapload of people with robomatic VW's, none of them having had a problem? Yet the loud minority were all "How can my pillar of Euro Perfection VW go wrong, aaargghhh!"
Nah, KIA is more like the thing with Chery and Great Wall - you pay stuff all and don't expect much and surprised it lasts the distance of a properly made (over engineered) car. As long as the colour, trim fit and fuel economy is good then what else could you possibly want within the depreciation cycle?
However, ask same dollars as full sized, over engineered product with a few generations of reliability under its belt, and the scheister shitbox dealers deserve all the ridicule their puss-boxes receive on this forum. Oh and sycophantic apologists know what to expect crapping on about Korean and German crap boxes here, eh @Forg
Frankly I'm flabbergasted at Holden meeting the cut-price Korean challenge head-on, good on them.