Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

71 HQ Premier Wagon - 308 fully optioned car

FactorySLE308M21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SLE 308 M21
Interested to research rare HQ Wagon, it has full factory options & was a 71 release. Hoping to hear from Factory Workers from NSW, Sydney Plant as released there(?)
Vehicle has original options;
- Auto, t-bar
- Full console
- Power Steer
- Aircon (original integrated system)
- Bucket seats (with head rests - not normally seen for 71) * Rare seat material (I have never seen it before, I am trade qualified motor trimmer and can see its original factory released trim. It’s an odd material no other HQs I have seen)
- Plush Pile tailored carpets (not molded)
- Electric Windows
- Electric Tailgate Window
- 6 inch steel wheels
- Sun visors (like statesman), that clip in locators saddled near rear vision mirror).
The Prem appears to be fully optioned and a rare example (particularly for first year of production).
Any genuine information or production staff / sales persons would be valuable to assist history on this / these (for instance built for car show or executives etc??)
Thanks in advance,

H

harrop.senator

Given the production staff would at a minimum be 70-80 years old by now you may not have the best of luck getting it straight from the horse's mouth.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Have you asked Holden Custome Care about the vehicle and it’s factory options? Surely they’d be able to authenticate tbings about those special features not normally seen.

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
It was normal back then to sit on your fat wallet at the dealer showroom, and tick as many boxes of options as you could afford, or order dealer fitted bits from the spare parts inventory.
Holden were capable of producing thousands of cars, without any duplications, if customers wanted to play the options game.
So the combination on your HQ is rare, but it was most probably somebody's wish list.
For example, my HK Kingswood was special order, from the Pagewood factory, delivered with GTS instruments, GTS rims with the spoofy red wheel covers, and GTS rear boot garnish, plus other GTS bits ex-factory.
I doubt if another HK would have been to the same spec.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Either company car or someone cashed up ordered it through dealership.

Could get almost anything you wanted back then if knew the right people or cashed up.

Read somewhere there was a triple pink 350 powered Hq GTS Monaro built by Holden

FactorySLE308M21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SLE 308 M21
Being the inaugural year for the new shape H Series, I wondered if examples were built fully optioned for purposes of new release car or state show etc?
Is there any libraries or locations I could seek out this sort of example or material? I understand the dealer access to amount of options to order, however the trim in this instance is very unique and not something I have ever re- trimmed or seen prior. It looks very deliberate to dress up for advertising purposes.. GMH must have advertised unique builds somewhere?
really has me intrigued.
The mentioned Holden records or services - can I have contact details if known?
Thanks to all!