Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'71 MS75 Crown Coupe

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
I thinks it's the worst color and I think silver/grey and chrome don't go well to get her either.. Just my 2 cents

That's ok mate, like I've said before, I value constructive criticism. Ive been thinking about it all arvo and the stock sleeper look might be the go.
Also been thinking about my choices in engines, I'm starting to think that a carby fed option will be better in terms of simplicity and getting it on the road sooner, I like the idea of a hot 6, maybe a 202 or even a 245 or 265.... Thoughts on this?

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Stock looking sleep would be awesome mate.. Just keep it quiet and your all good.. If you left it say stock as a rock then rego would be easy and then build a nice hot motor for it while your driving her about in the sunshine :)

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
If you were to go a 6, I think it'd be stupid to go the 202 over the mopar motors, just sayin.

That thing is pretty awesome though, can't say I've seen a coupe before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Why go such old tech? Why not go a 1JZ single turbo. Dirt cheap and an easy conversion.

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Why go such old tech? Why not go a 1JZ single turbo. Dirt cheap and an easy conversion.

I originally had my heart set on a 2jz for it, I just think that an older style carby fed 6 would suit it better considering that's what it had originally, a 265 Hemi with a lumpy cam would sound awesome and it would haul arse in a small car like this and would be a much easier conversion than something injected. It won't be a daily driver and I don't expect massive power I want it to be a cool weekend cruiser that has some "off the lights" street cred.

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
If you were to go a 6, I think it'd be stupid to go the 202 over the mopar motors, just sayin.

That thing is pretty awesome though, can't say I've seen a coupe before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have an old blue 202 in the garage it's in pretty good nick so I was considering using that, but I've been on eBay and gumtree this arvo I found a 265 for $750 that's pretty close to home

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
I have an old blue 202 in the garage it's in pretty good nick so I was considering using that,

fking blasphemy!!!!

JCCS2011-641Byee_NissanFairladyZ432_S30_S20.jpg

one of the prettiest engines ever.