Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

75Prems VN SS

sporty custom

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
love the interior looks smick good pick up mate . soon to be the next classic car the vn ss.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
yeah found out they're sv 5000 seats lol, the leather stuff didnt do much, the seats really do need a retrim lol or a professional job they're a bit tired.
waiting for a day off so i can fix this damn pump got all the parts sitting ready to go but dont get a day off until tuesday haha good spot ducker :p knew i forgot to do something on the weekend :p

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Soooo...i know its been a while but i thought it was time for an update.

The ss has had the brake upgrade done, i did have to replace the fuel pump,electric mirrors and find a way to temporarily fix the rear roof trim up so all that was done then the car was taken down to a local inspection center to which it "passed" only for me to be told....that the car is registered on the stolen vehicles list...what a joy that was to hear.

so for the next hour i was frantically taking everything i had myself put on the car. (wheels, high flow airbox, genuine group a steering wheel, my stereo head unit)
i even considered swapping the leather interior out and putting dads in it :p

i then got a phone call from my dad 2 hours later saying that they had called me and it was all cleared up and that i need to go collect the paper...so for the next hour i put everything back on the car :p went and got my rego papers and rego'd the car...

story behind that is...before the guy's son i bought the car off had owned the car it was his friends who had it in with the cops so they reported his car as a stolen vehicle so that every time they saw him they would pull him over and go over the whole car.....aaaand before that it was a drug runners car which used to leave cops for dead in 2007 apparently unfortunately does not have the same engine as that anymore lol. that engine was built by southside engine center as there are stickers all over the engine bay from it.

BUT for now, im accumulating parts to rebuild the back end, as its been lowered without and adjustable panhard rod, the shocks in it are standard and not lowered ones and the top trailing arms are bent. it's also missing its lsd which id like to replace. hopefully will do this soon as the diff doesnt line up properly so i dont have much room left on the left side between guard and wheel and there's no way im going to be fitting my simmons under them.

Plans for her are a t56 and turbo 304 running around 9 lbs simple single turbo setup with a TO4Z which should get me around 350 rwhp and a nice 12 second pass which is plenty for me .

Ill post up some pics after i give her a proper wash, cut and polish so you can all see her with the plates on

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
alright guys i know it's been a while but motivation has kicked back in and i just scored 2 weeks off work.

The SS has been taken off the road early due to sucking A LOT of water in through the cold air in take -_-...so seeing as it was only a week until i was going on holidays i took it off early.

spend some time on her today undid the tailshaft, wiring loom, engine mounts and tranny mounts so that i can pull the engine and box out tomorrow.

plans for the next 2 weeks is to put the new engine in which i will put the specs up of soon, TKO500 gearbox conversion and the diff will be getting a rebuilt center with 3.45:1 gears in it.

while doing all of this i figured ill rebush the front, smooth out the engine bay a little and hide the wiring seeing as the engine isn't in the way. will post some progress pics up soon :)

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
wow long time between updates.

so the engine is built its in and its running...i found out one of my pacemakers had been squashed so car is a lot louder now....not that im complaining.
other than that all went pretty smooth sailing. engine specs are as follows.

Video of my VN SS after putting the new engine in specs are as follows;

40thou Forged flat tops
Yella Terra Street Roller Rockers
H286 Crane Cam
Valve Springs to suit
Fully Balances Bored and Honed
TKO500 5 Speed
Lightened yella terra flywheel.

Exhaust vid ( Pre Run In) - YouTube - heres a little exhaust note vid :)

just have some wiring to mount after hiding majority of it put the guards back on and she hits the road again, unfortunately the paint is a little worse for wear so hopefully soon she'll be getting a new coat might change colours still haven't decided yet but wont be for a few months atleast. oh....and my turbokit arrived the other week ;) let me know what you guys think!

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
i like. needs moar pictures!
The turbo kit will definately be interesting, id be keen to see the outcome of that. and pics :D

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Soooo....this was in an accident about 2 weeks ago, everyone was okay but sadly the SS has been totalled with front end damage, so will all be parted out.

turbo kit, built engine, still have a full bodykit most of the rest is gone!