Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

78 VB SLE BOLT SIZES REQUIRED

1978vcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
1978 VB SLE COMODOORE
Can anyone tell me the size of the bolts that hold the bonnet to the hinge and the boot lid bolt sizes(as some knucklehead has lost them .. me !) and also if it is true that the black rubber strip in the Torana bumper bar will also fit a 78 VB, ( centre nudge rubber of bumper bar) and lastly if anybody has done a salsbury 10 bolt to eaton true trac conversion can give me advice on what's involved as have one here for the old girl who has just come out of bare metal ground-up build and sitting in primer waiting for paint and panel beater ( old school cranky tnuc who is a file finisher not a bon doe bandit, is not happy jan I lost bolts for boot and bonnet). The motor just been pulled down and given a going through ( 355 stroker..& no is not a stock usual VB SLE out with 253 back in 90s and sourced an old repco goldstar block... still keeping true to the day as was commonly done back in the day, forged crank, yellow terror heads, Xcon rods ,forged pistons 80 over, edelbrock manifold , 650 holly .. the list goes on but no computer or pollution gear as she never came with that crap! Have muncie m21 rock crusher and why needing eaton conversion information. Will post pics when car in paint and body assembled.