Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

7th June 2022, Sad day in Sunbury

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Sunbury Holden has become Sunbury LDV and Suzuki.

Holden signage was removed, and the Holden Lion was moved inside.

Hoping Greg, the DP, keeps it in his office...

:(:(:(

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Crap. Does that mean you can't get Holden spares from there any more?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Crap. Does that mean you can't get Holden spares from there any more?
They still do services, repairs, warranty work etc.
They do still sell Holden spares.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Many Holden franchises have fundamentally changed to providing Holden parts, service and support cause there is nothing Holden left to sell. And they still have access to Holden back office systems to allow for such support to occur.

But the new vehicle sales side has also changed to selling other available brands and it’s those new franchise agreements that don't generally allow “foreign” Holden signage to be prominent, if allowed at all.

So, legacy Holden has become a small less than prominent back room to the main gig, be it LDV or something else. It’s sad…

The issue for me is how long these places remain supporting their old legacy Holden customers. Guess it depends on how much business these old customers bring in but I’d expect it tapers off rather quickly as cars fall out of warranty and people go to cheaper 3rd parties service providers. Some old Holden dealers may become cheaper 3rd party providers or they May drop Holden support entirely and instead focus on building their new brand…

Shite will start to happen (or not happen) in 2018+6 years which is when ZB warranty ends :confused:

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Didnt realise how bare the building would look without the whole maroon signage across the front.

The boys there was always good for spares or info.
Had chased up many parts or numbers over the years.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Many Holden franchises have fundamentally changed to providing Holden parts, service and support cause there is nothing Holden left to sell. And they still have access to Holden back office systems to allow for such support to occur.

But the new vehicle sales side has also changed to selling other available brands and it’s those new franchise agreements that don't generally allow “foreign” Holden signage to be prominent, if allowed at all.

So, legacy Holden has become a small less than prominent back room to the main gig, be it LDV or something else. It’s sad…

The issue for me is how long these places remain supporting their old legacy Holden customers. Guess it depends on how much business these old customers bring in but I’d expect it tapers off rather quickly as cars fall out of warranty and people go to cheaper 3rd parties service providers. Some old Holden dealers may become cheaper 3rd party providers or they May drop Holden support entirely and instead focus on building their new brand…

Shite will start to happen (or not happen) in 2018+6 years which is when ZB warranty ends :confused:
Even assuming they were interested in keeping spare parts going for an extended period of time the knowledge of what dealerships to get Holden parts from is going to slowly die away as there is nothing to tell any new (secondhand) Holden owners where to get parts from.

I know I can go to Ross Llewellyn who was my local Holden dealer to get parts but the signage has been removed from their premises since the beginning of this year so there’s no outward indication that they used to be a Holden dealership.

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Didnt realise how bare the building would look without the whole maroon signage across the front.

The boys there was always good for spares or info.
Had chased up many parts or numbers over the years.
Yeah I always found these guys to be a reliable source