Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

8 days without any postings....and weeks without seeing a ZB on the road

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Is there a lack of interest in ZBs compared to other models?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
LOL ! I was wondering the same thing as there has been nothing posted in the ZB category for over a week.

What we need is a copper to give us their perception of the ZB compared to the VF as a work tool vehicle.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I did in another thread, our NZ cops don't seem to like em, at least not when you have to try and get a big guy in the back seat who's been uncooperative...

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I think the ZB was a great car. Roomy, powerful, and built in Straya.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300

Curious if the local dealer will re register all the undriven regoed demos they have. Must be close to 12 months

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon

Yeah - forgot about the real ZB. Will hold value far better too.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I did in another thread, our NZ cops don't seem to like em, at least not when you have to try and get a big guy in the back seat who's been uncooperative...

I've seen what passes for a "big guy" in NZ. You'd struggle to get them into the back of anything bar a divvy van with ease. And even then you might need to grease the door frame.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I saw one today as I was pulling out of the driveway onto the highway. Seemed to move along alright as he pulled out in front of a car in a 100 zone and it got going pretty quick. I then saw the back end and it almost looks a bit AU the way it slopes down.

HZ Hero

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 HZ Panel Van 253 v8
So, what's the out the door price for a new base ZB now? Anyone know if the apparent stock pile from 2018 is motivating some good deals?

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Couple of demo's on Trade Me for just under $30K.
Signed up for a brand new ZB Calais V after test driving in November. I was more than sufficiently impressed to make the move.
I think a lot of the negative sentiment is simply because its not Australian made anymore as objectively they're a very good car with quite a remarkable level of technology for the price.

Okay they're not a V8 and you don't get latest V8 performance but I couldn't help observing that my last year 2000 Holden Calais Gen3 5.7L V8 made 225kw's and this one makes 235 kw's and uses a truck load less fuel and has a vast array of technology. Further, it was $10,000 less than I paid 18 years ago for the last one ! Had quite a few vehicles since then, FPV's x 3, Chrysler SRT8 e.t.c.

Really loving the technology and sweet handling of the new Calais V. As quick as you can realistically use these days with speed camera's everywhere and quite fuel efficient with it. Full speed range adaptive cruise control is a real stress reliever in traffic jams !