Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

8 days without any postings....and weeks without seeing a ZB on the road

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Calaber, like me, you are a dinosaur, along with many members of this (soon to be obsolete) forum.
'Holden' (as in the badge) are just following the rest of the industry with their current offerings.
We have a huge new car choice ………. soot-blowing huge SUVs and pickups, soot-blowing small SUVs, small capacity turbo'd small hatches, and larger 'traditional-size-Holdens' expen$ive Euro $edans that depreciate quickly, financially and in reliability.
There are no more excitement, power, dream cars as far as I am concerned, (excluding a Bentley Continental).
I'd still like a CV8 for weekends.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I remember the Monaro's of the 1970's very well. My next door neighbour had one and I remember lusting after it as a young teenager. They were the coolest thing and in some ways still are.

and now they are the most expensive thing to boot.

I totally agree with how Calaber replied regarding my quoted previous post, in saying all that though and as I've previously stated many times, the motor car / vehicle is no longer an extension of ones personality as it was for so many years, rather it is now just another one of life's consumables like a toilet roll.

One thing though is still the same and that is all manufacturers still market vehicles by selling lifestyle rather than what the vehicle actually has installed. I know that they touch a little on features but it's mainly lifestyle.

Eg. "Living out the back of the car" Mitsubishi's catch cry.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I wonder why it took them over a week to dismiss the ‘rumours’ ? Did they have to get approval from GM HQ before this denial ?
Add this one to the other true lie statements GM/Holden have fed the Australian public during the recent past.
They must be getting desperate for sales, as I keep getting promotional emails from Holden, even though I ‘unsubscribe’. Last week was “This is how we SUV”.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
You have to wonder just how far sales have to drop before GM gives our market away. 60,000 or so is still miles ahead of many makes sold here but Holden's decline has been exceptionally rapid and each month seems worse than the preceding one. Their range, except for Colorado and perhaps Arcadia, fail to compete. Commodore is trying to sell in a diminishing market segment. Trax is outclassed. Equinox is seldom seen on the roads. Remember the Malibu? Another symptom of poor market segment choices. Just how many of them were sold? You can't hope to compete in such a crowded market if your product is inferior and apart from locally made Holdens, their range has suffered for at least a decade.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
You're optimistic, Calaber. 60,000 this year ? January sales for the Lion were 4,167 in 7th position. And heading south.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
You're optimistic, Calaber. 60,000 this year ? January sales for the Lion were 4,167 in 7th position. And heading south.
I thought I read last year was around 60k. Might have confused it with Hilux.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Not that it is relevant, but I'm in NZ again, and I have seen what appears to be 2 private ZBs in 1 week (apart from 2 police ZBs not going fast). Is this a record? More frequent than I see in Australia.
Oh and I saw the Schofields' display Arcadia again - one day I might see a privately owned one that someone actually paid for.