Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

8 days without any postings....and weeks without seeing a ZB on the road

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Except how to plug in a scan tool and read codes ?

.............. and replace bits at your expense until they jag a fix, or you give up and go to a local mech who can diagnose the problem from your explanations and replace the offending bit at a cheaper price.
Holden badged Opels suffering electrical gremlins cost me heaps. I wonder how long Opeldores will last before they get the gremlins.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
By telepathic means, he decided that I was not fair dinkum, just another tyre kicker wasting his time, his coffee was getting cold, and so was his attitude towards me.

So don't you think that this guy had worked you out in a heartbeat and knew you were only a tyre kicker killing time thus he wasn't going to waste his ??? Maybe his experience did count for a lot.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
So don't you think that this guy had worked you out in a heartbeat and knew you were only a tyre kicker killing time thus he wasn't going to waste his ??? Maybe his experience did count for a lot.

A true salesperson is one who can turn a tyre kicker into a purchaser.....that is actualy selling.

Taking an order from someone who has already decided to buy the product is not selling.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
A true salesperson is one who can turn a tyre kicker into a purchaser.....that is actualy selling.

Taking an order from someone who has already decided to buy the product is not selling.
Have dealt with plenty of these sales prevention guys in my time. Especially in Perth.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
Have dealt with plenty of these sales prevention guys in my time. Especially in Perth.
They would need to know every trick in the book to sell a zb I reckon

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Badgerdog

Does the ZB have auto lick on the trans when coming downhill like my auto Captiva. If I slow down as we descend, the auto drops back and holds the gear automatically. I imagine this is common in auto transmissions these days, but it certainly negates the need to brake during the descent.
Yeap, there's a bit of gear hoiding going on going downhill which reduces the braking effort required which is good because the brakes are not one of the cars better bits of gear.
Would have been nice to have all that attached to a 400+ HP motor.....
Agree 100% but then you'd need a stronger driveline, gearbox, diff, better brakes and so on and the price wouldn't be where it is and neither would the weight or the fuel economy. Audi RS5 sportback has you covered for what you want...at a price.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Agree 100% but then you'd need a stronger driveline, gearbox, diff, better brakes and so on and the price wouldn't be where it is and neither would the weight or the fuel economy. Audi RS5 sportback has you covered for what you want...at a price.

And therein lies ZB's problem. Even without the extra HP, the stronger driveline, gearbox, diff, better brakes etc, it still costs more than the outgoing previous two Holden models' sports SS sedans. And it's still just a 4cyl/V6 with a front end that screams front-wheel-drive.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That probably comes down to the different engineering philosophies between Yank/Aussie Vs EU. We probably over engineer with the realisation a good %age of owners will do things beyond it's intended design brief where as EU probably build it just strong enough to handle what it's designed and built to do as economy is foremost and over engineering = weight/mass to cart around.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
That probably comes down to the different engineering philosophies between Yank/Aussie Vs EU. We probably over engineer with the realisation a good %age of owners will do things beyond it's intended design brief where as EU probably build it just strong enough to handle what it's designed and built to do as economy is foremost and over engineering = weight/mass to cart around.
Give me over engineered anyday

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Definitely but we will probably see less and less of it as the price point also dictates how much is spent on parts.