Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

8 days without any postings....

Discussion in 'ZB Holden Commodore (2018)' started by wetwork65, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Badgerdog

Badgerdog Member

Members Ride:
    ZB Calais V
    Yes....I'll give Holden a little bit more time and then I'll proceed to make a formal complaint to the Motor Vehicle Disputes Tribunal.

Its quite a drama going through that Dispute process but if I have to do so then so be it.

wetwork65 and VS 5.0 like this.
  2. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Monaro CV8, Cross 6 Crewman, Territory Ghia.
    Admire your patience.
    How much longer before you change from a mild mannered, but disillusioned customer to a desk thumping, wild eyed, demanding customer ?

wetwork65 and Badgerdog like this.
  3. Badgerdog

Badgerdog Member

Members Ride:
    ZB Calais V
    Thanks. Not sure I would say I've been mild mannered, have sent 3 very demanding emails already. I have it marked down in my Diary to lodge all the paperwork with the Motor Vehicle Disputes Tribunal on 1 March if its not resolved before then.

The little 2.0 turbo powered LT loan car is a cracker so that's made life a bit more bearable. The 200 kg weight difference thing I've mentioned before is the hidden gem with these base model cars in terms of boosting their handling and braking capabilities. I had a big 160 kg mate in the LT yesterday and noticed immediately it drove just like a V6 lol

The problem is the RS and LT 2.0 spec is fairly basic. Holden should have made a VXR or Calais V spec car available with the 2.0 turbo engine. I think it would sell well.

4. Pablito

Pablito Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF Redline
    You are one patient mofo. I'd be making a complete nuisance of myself. You're not doing yourself any favours by giving them time. I would have complained to the ACCC 1 day after they failed to have the replacement engine on time.

Badgerdog and VS 5.0 like this.
  5. Badgerdog

Badgerdog Member

Members Ride:
    ZB Calais V
    Thanks. Yes it has dragged on a lot longer than I would have liked. The discussion with the dealership business manager I had a couple of days ago was encouraging. There are some grounds for optimism we might have an agreement in principle as to how this is to be resolved in the next week or so.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  6. VFSV6FORME

VFSV6FORME Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF SV6 STORM Series 1
    I'm DISGUSTED WITH HOLDEN PERIOD.

tuckerbag and the_boozer like this.
  7. tuckerbag

tuckerbag Member

Members Ride:
    vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
    Yep. They can piss off and take all their garbage with em

wetwork65 likes this.
  8. Noeleter

Noeleter Active Member

Members Ride:
    VEII Equipe Sportwagon
    Ah when you think what could have been with some decent management.

tuckerbag likes this.
  9. wetwork65

wetwork65 A wet business

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
    .....and some government support for advanced manufacturing.

10. vs-lover

vs-lover Active Member

Members Ride:
    VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
    History has proved one really valid point..........and that is everything GM management touches turns to crap. They just need to change their "company ethos".

lmoengnr, the_boozer and tuckerbag like this.
  11. Badgerdog

Badgerdog Member

Members Ride:
    ZB Calais V
    The dealer has been very good and supportive with my seized engine. I have a brand new model year 2019 Calais V in the same colour I originally chose coming hopefully late next week. Many would say I should have chosen the cash and I thought long and hard about that and tried out a few other cars, none of which came anywhere near to measuring up. The very long standard equipment list of a Calais V makes it unbeatable for ride, equipment and handling in the N.Z. market at the price point I paid, (which I negotiated hard for late in 2018).
    Getting cash back isn't any good if you then have to turn around and buy a second rate car is it !
    I also lost a lot of sleep over whether to accept a 2.0 RS and some cash back. This was a very difficult decision as some would have noted my enjoyment of the 2.0 engine and the core driving experience with the lighter car. In the end the awesome level of equipment in the Calais V that's missing in the RS is simply too much and then there's the all wheel drive capabilities of the Calais V, (I do some snow skiing so 4WD will come in handy up the mountains). Rolling the dice on a replacement car seems like the best course to steer. Hopefully I have better luck second time around.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Pablito and figjam like this.
  12. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    Here's hoping it all works out well in the end.

Lex and Badgerdog like this.
  13. tuckerbag

tuckerbag Member

Members Ride:
    vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
    I’ll bet it will read 2018 as year of manufacture not 19. Unless of course they are still building em for you kiwis

14. Pablito

Pablito Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF Redline
    I think you made the right choice in getting another Calais rather than an RS. The extra features and AWD are a major plus.
    Hopefully the new one does what the first one should have and gives you years of enjoyment and trouble free driving.

Badgerdog likes this.
  15. Badgerdog

Badgerdog Member

Members Ride:
    ZB Calais V
    Yeap, it will be one of the last ones built in late 2018 (just before they suspended production). Dealer has confirmed its a model year 2019.
    Thank you for those kind words, much appreciated :) This major drama was certainly cast a long shadow over my summer and it will be good to put it behind me.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    tuckerbag likes this.
  16. Calaber

Calaber Nil Bastardo Carborundum

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    Is production still suspended?

17. Reaper

Reaper Tells it like it is.

Members Ride:
    RG Z71 Colorado, VZ LX8 Adventra, VP SS
    Ok... Commodore is dead. Don't expect any more stock aside from the acres upon acres of stock that is already in Aus. Expect an announcement in a few months time.

tuckerbag likes this.
  18. redvxr8clubby

redvxr8clubby Active Member

Members Ride:
    VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
    I must admit I am surprised if this is the case, while the numbers might be about a quarter of what they had with VF, I thought they would soldier on with whatever numbers they can do for the next few years. They are only importing, they don't have the expenses of running local manufacture now. Can feel for the dealers though if they actually sell say 600 Commodores a month there are currently 200 dealers so as an average that's only 3 Commodores per month average per dealer. Obviously for an average of three there'll be dealers that sell more but then of course others less. I'm thinking then if no more Commodores, maybe the Inchcape deal is on the cards and we'll see Opel badged cars again. I wouldn't have the thought the Opel badge would come back after the last effort failing after little more than a year. If this is true, I can understand they wouldn't make an announcement until stocks are considerably depleted. I think they'd have to discount them big time to get the stock sold and also spell out future support provisions for the car.

19. wetwork65

wetwork65 A wet business

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
    I guess they will have to advertise and promote Opel properly this time, if they are planning to actually sell a few. All I can recall is the advertising for heavily discounted cars that were on sale for a long time after their last withdrawl from Australia.
    I have seen no advertising for the ZB Commodore, although I am not one of their target buyers and may be looking in the wrong places.
    Whilst even the Arcadia has been more visibly promoted, whether you like their marketing proposition or not, of "arriving". Seems like it would appeal to the "look at me" generation, although again very few on the roads so far.
    Some of their other imports have also been reasonably heavily promoted, Astra in comparison ads in newspapers, Trax on TV etc.
    It is the same as Ford with their Falcon/G6 toward the end, they just seemed to want to forget about it (and I thought the FG-X was a pretty good looking car - it looks great as a Highway Patrol vehicle in my local patch in NSW). All this despite having what should have been promoted as an economic and lighter turbo 4 proposition, which could have eventually been a reasonable alternative to the turbo 4 ZB Commodore.

20. Badgerdog

Badgerdog Member

Members Ride:
    ZB Calais V
    Might be a bit early to say that Opeldore production as definitely finished but I agree there are signs that don't look good.
    Really sad that all the affordable medium-large sedan options with decent performance and handling seem to be disappearing.
    I guess there's always the new Camry and if you ask the dealer nicely they might throw in a free beige cardigan.

tuckerbag likes this.