Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

8 days without any postings....and weeks without seeing a ZB on the road

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I’ll wait a few weeks until they are under 20k n grab one for work. Then in a coupla years when the electrics die park it at the wreckers
A few weeks to get under 20k? I'll bet Holden hope they don't depreciate that quickly

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
well the VF's have depreciated big time. My mates SV6 that he paid $37,000 for was just recently sold for a whole $16,000 with 55,000K's under its belt. A loss of $21,000 in around 2 years.

If you want to lose money big time then just buy a new car and watch it just blowin' down the street.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
well the VF's have depreciated big time. My mates SV6 that he paid $37,000 for was just recently sold for a whole $16,000 with 55,000K's under its belt. A loss of $21,000 in around 2 years.

If you want to lose money big time then just buy a new car and watch it just blowin' down the street.
I read this and was gonna say no way...... but I looked online and even some dealers are selling low km ones for low 20's. Ouch.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I read this and was gonna say no way...... but I looked online and even some dealers are selling low km ones for low 20's. Ouch.
Evokes are bad 13k for ex cops(17 build) with 90k in Adelaide.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
I don't see them being under 20k any time soon but a dealer in Sydney is selling a 2.0 turbo RS 'demo' with only 10kms on it and 5yr warranty for $26990 Drive away........
10,000 below the RRP with Only 10 kms on it. Bargain and a sign of the times for Holden.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Things are not going well in terms of my Calais V engine failure situation.
Very late and unhappy. There have been some very dark days where I wonder what to do and wonder why as a Kiwi I should have to make do with a puny 3 year 100,000 km warranty despite having suffered the profoundly shocking engine failure at 800 km's when everyone in Australia gets a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty. It doesn't seem fair or reasonable...and really isn't good enough.

If Holden are serious about selling their vehicles in N.Z. they need to give Kiwi's the same warranty as Australians get. There are many marque's over here already giving a 5 year warranty such as Ford, Toyota (provided you get your vehicle serviced with them), Kia, BMW, and Mazda to name a few.

Last edited:

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Very late and unhappy. There have been some very dark days where I wonder what to do and wonder why as a Kiwi I should have to make do with a puny 3 year 100,000 km warranty despite having suffered the profoundly shocking engine failure at 800 km's when everyone in Australia gets a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty. It doesn't seem fair or reasonable...and really isn't good enough.

If Holden are serious about selling their vehicles in N.Z. they need to give Kiwi's the same warranty as Australians get. There are many marque's over here already giving a 5 year warranty such as Ford, Toyota (provided you get your vehicle serviced with them), Kia, BMW, and Mazda to name a few.
Kia is 7 years in Australia. Seems Kiwis are being short changed by a few of the companies. I guess i f Holden are only selling a handful of cars in NZ they can't offer any more. They may not be around long enough to even support the 3 year warranty.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Boosted engines will always have a greater torque spread and this is the reason those little engines have so much get up and go.
Apparently a turbo application can deliver more acheivable pollution goals. Over in asia a HQ was rotory optioned l herd. So another option to acheive another goal has been acheived for now in my opinion.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

What are your rights under NZ consumer laws to demand a refund or replacement car? I'd have totally lost confidence in the car if this had happened to me.