Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

8 days without any postings....and weeks without seeing a ZB on the road

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I think the VF trip computer is closer to real world figures compared to the ZB and Astra range. When you work out the litres per 100 manually, they are not close to what the trip computer says in the Opel vehicles. Just fill up the Astra RSV and see the range at full compared to what you get out of the tank. You need to drive like granny to get that range.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Drove the twin turbo V6 Stinger today while I wait endlessly for Holden to get their act together on my replacement car.
They go very well indeed and are definitely a very good alternative to the Commodore, see review above.
I recommend people drive one back to back with a VXR Commodore and make up their own mind as its a very tough one to make a call on. My thoughts are that if you really want a performance car then the Stinger is the way to go.
If sweet handling and a strong chassis and 4WD is more important then go the Commodore. Stinger's turbo engine is either on boost or its not and there's no in between !

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
Drove the twin turbo V6 Stinger today while I wait endlessly for Holden to get their act together on my replacement car.
They go very well indeed and are definitely a very good alternative to the Commodore, see review above.
I recommend people drive one back to back with a VXR Commodore and make up their own mind as its a very tough one to make a call on. My thoughts are that if you really want a performance car then the Stinger is the way to go.
If sweet handling and a strong chassis and 4WD is more important then go the Commodore. Stinger's turbo engine is either on boost or its not and there's no in between !
I just saw a zb wagon with black wheel arch flairs and it looked to sit a bit higher than usual. I managed to do a ewey and follow it. Had awd badges. Looked great

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
Which ZB model types have active cruise control?

Is it all Calais , RSV and VRX?

No active cruise on RS/LT?

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Which ZB model types have active cruise control?

Is it all Calais , RSV and VRX?

No active cruise on RS/LT?
Adaptive cruise is only on Calais V and VRX, also adaptive LED matrix headlights and Bose premium stereo are unique to these models.

Yeap Tuckerbag, I believe the sportwagon rides 17mm higher and I agree they have done a good job with the styling of both the liftback and the sportwagon.

My sense is the Commordore easily has the Stingers measure when it comes to handling and the other way around for outright power.
Stingers power is a bit all or nothing and can pretty easily overcome the (normally) pretty sticky Continental Sportcontact5 tyres when the boost hits. 15 speaker Harmon Kardon sound system in the Stinger is quite clear but lacks the base response of the Bose unit in the Commordore.

Villa_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS 2.0 turbo
I just saw a zb wagon with black wheel arch flairs and it looked to sit a bit higher than usual. I managed to do a ewey and follow it. Had awd badges. Looked great

Pretty sure that was a tourer

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS

Are you feeling alright there tuckerbag, you do realise you actually said something complimentary about a ZB, never thought I'd see the day haha. Myself I think they are probably a good car in many respects, but reliability is a question mark. Personally except in towing respect I'd prefer a smaller car than a VE/ VF. I had a VE SV6 (SIDI) about 4 years ago and thought the 3.6 V6 went quite well, I never had any problem with it but I traded it at 109,000 Km (for an SS) so I may have dodged timing chain problem.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
Are you feeling alright there tuckerbag, you do realise you actually said something complimentary about a ZB, never thought I'd see the day haha. Myself I think they are probably a good car in many respects, but reliability is a question mark. Personally except in towing respect I'd prefer a smaller car than a VE/ VF. I had a VE SV6 (SIDI) about 4 years ago and thought the 3.6 V6 went quite well, I never had any problem with it but I traded it at 109,000 Km (for an SS) so I may have dodged timing chain problem.
Yes i was impressed. It didn’t blend in with all the other shitboxes like the rest of the range. Pick of the lot IMO.

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
Badger dog is that 9.5 litres per 100 kms in the 4 cyl ZB in Auckland s lousy peak hour traffic. Or is it cruising out to Muriwai Piha the kaipara etc away from the traffic? Whats your driving mix/peak? urban / rural?

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Hi kos,
I work from home so fortunately avoid the really lousy Auckland peak hour traffic which is gridlock these days.
Around the burbs where I live which is very, very hilly I am getting that 9.5 which is very close to the official urban rating of 9.4 L / 100 km's. 90% of my running.

The extra urban rating is 6.2 L 100 km's. On a trip down to Waiuku today (69 km's each way from where I live which is mostly motorway and country running) It hit 6.0 L/100 km's at one stage on the way back even with the air con at full blast all the way, (consumption seems to be a rating of the last 100 km's driven) but I was taking it quite easy. I think mid 6's is easily achievable on a country trip.