Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

8 days without any postings....and weeks without seeing a ZB on the road

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Not that it is relevant, but I'm in NZ again, and I have seen what appears to be 2 private ZBs in 1 week (apart from 2 police ZBs not going fast). Is this a record? More frequent than I see in Australia.
Oh and I saw the Schofields' display Arcadia again - one day I might see a privately owned one that someone actually paid for.

Fuel in N.Z. is about $2.10 a liter. One of the things that I've appreciated with my time with the LT is how cheap it is to run as well as the handling which I think is top notch. Pretty useful performance too. N.Z. Autocar reported that the medium / large sedan segment is just 2% of the market now. I think there's the Opeldore's problem right there.
Dealer has my replacement Calais V...still waiting for the management muppets at Holden to get the paperwork done....FFS !

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
I see them semi-regularly in my neck of the woods. Certainly enough of them getting around to avoid calling them a failed product. Given that everything else here in WA is Prado, LandCruiser, Hilux, Ragner et al... it's nice to see the odd different car and I give the ZB more than a second glance.

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
Just on ZB sightings. I do 1400kms a week and every day run a new Camry vs ZB spotting competition. I see 2/3/4 of each every day.
The ZB is becoming a value buy on the 2nd hand market. I see there is a couple of June 18 builds with about 8 k on the clock for sale in Melbourne for 24k.
The question is how reliable will they be, the Gm motor/ gearbox fine .,. But the electrics? Question.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Bargain at that price for what you get in my opinion and you guys in Australia get the balance of the 5 year warranty while us Kiwi's can only dream about getting a proper warranty and would struggle to buy an LT for $30,000 despite the 0.96 exchange rate.
Gift horse waiting for those that recognise one.

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
Next year with 20 k on them they could (lt) 2nd hand $15000..,.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Fuel in N.Z. is about $2.10 a liter. One of the things that I've appreciated with my time with the LT is how cheap it is to run as well as the handling which I think is top notch. Pretty useful performance too. N.Z. Autocar reported that the medium / large sedan segment is just 2% of the market now. I think there's the Opeldore's problem right there.
Dealer has my replacement Calais V...still waiting for the management muppets at Holden to get the paperwork done....FFS !
Yep - there you go - devaluing their loan car (demonstrator?) by putting some Ks on it rather than leaving it in the stock out the back.
And I saw another ZB today in the carpark at Westfield Albany. I think it must have been privately owned!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
A guy around the corner from me has a red VXR but he upgrades to the latest model every couple of years for the tax benefits of a company vehicle seeing as he's a mortgage broker.

Otherwise the majority are cop cars...

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
A guy around the corner from me has a red VXR but he upgrades to the latest model every couple of years for the tax benefits of a company vehicle seeing as he's a mortgage broker.

Otherwise the majority are cop cars...
You must live in a flash area Immort. No one can afford new cars around my way unless they are little korean cars.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Yep - there you go - devaluing their loan car (demonstrator?) by putting some Ks on it rather than leaving it in the stock out the back.
And I saw another ZB today in the carpark at Westfield Albany. I think it must have been privately owned!
I see a few over this way in Titirangi. Fact is if you want an affordable med/large car with decent performance at a reasonable price there are very few options left.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
I see a few over this way in Titirangi. Fact is if you want an affordable med/large car with decent performance at a reasonable price there are very few options left.
I will be around the West Coast tomorrow, will look out for the ZBs! Cheers.