Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

8 days without any postings....and weeks without seeing a ZB on the road

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
I can’t get over their arrogance. You WILL buy what we give you. They can get stuffed
The incompetence and the downward spiral continues.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
The incompetence and the downward spiral continues.
The Holden stooge will accordingly correct your comment under Kristian's new rules of engagement.
This will change to Holden product/management are the best in class.

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
The Holden staffers are certainly posting on whirlpool automotive.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I remember a somewhat similar situation when Holden dropped the old L6 Red engine and replaced it with the Nissan RB30 engine. The backlash was huge with many stating that they would never buy a Holden again.

Back then Holden let their engineering department do the talking and once the public started test driving VL peoples opinion changed and VL put Holden back into the Number 1 sales position after handing that mantle over to Ford with the VB for a few years short of a decade.

This is the correct way to pick yourself up and dust yourself off, but gagging the media and the public ?....... really ??????.........

All they are doing is merely digging themselves a deeper hole and they'll soon find that the public will shovel the dirt back into the hole while they're laying in the bottom of it.

GM as a corporation need to change the way they manage their company and deal with their customers, until that happens nothing will ever change. The "Damage Control method" is definitely not how to run a successful business.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
"So once testing was finalised in Germany, we tasked our engineers to perform over 200,000km of rigorous testing right here on roads of every kind across Australia and New Zealand. The result is a Commodore tuned to local perfection"
Just a thought...I would say that without a doubt it shows up in the handling, steering and suspension which seem very well suited to our conditions.
I am curious. Almost everyone seems to want to bag Holden but how many other manufactures do this level of testing down under ?

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
There are a few. Kia for one do a lot of changes for the Australian market and seem to get it right most of the time. They also do something that GM don't- listen to and support their customers.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
There are a few. Kia for one do a lot of changes for the Australian market and seem to get it right most of the time. They also do something that GM don't- listen to and support their customers.
I test drove the V6 twin turbo Stinger. Good car and good for a first effort from Kia but it is a first up effort and doesn't have the handling finesse of a Commodore, not even anywhere close. Turbo boost is not a smoothe transition at all. Its either on boost or off, light switch stuff, nothing in the middle. Its hard to explain, some people would probably like it.
Dealer didn't even bother to call back with a quote on a new one. Go figure ? From the way they were talking it was at best a few thousand off recommended full retail. Indicator switches and stalks are a bit of a laugh, straight off a Kia Picanto.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Yes but still leaves the latest Opeladore for dead and they are going from strength to strength and not backwards.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Quicker in a straight line I will grant you that. I could have had either and drove both and choose to stay with the Calais V despite a failed engine.
Speaks for itself in terms of what I think but each to their own. Plenty of failed engines with the Stinger too from what I have heard.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Quicker in a straight line I will grant you that. I could have had either and drove both and choose to stay with the Calais V despite a failed engine.
Speaks for itself in terms of what I think but each to their own. Plenty of failed engines with the Stinger too from what I have heard.
Are you the Holden stooge on this forum? (edit) damage control postivity responder.

Last edited: