Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

8 days without any postings....and weeks without seeing a ZB on the road

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
You guys might like this model better...we're still talking about cars, right ? ;)

and she reckons the steering was a bit Stiff ;) ! We are still talking cars aren't we ?

at least this one keeps her hands off the paintwork and isn't a try hard like the other one.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
I must be jinxed with GM engines then. Sold my last Calais in 2002 mainly because of the Gen 3 engine issue and worrying oil consumption and have owned FPV's and a Chrysler SRT8 since. Got this Calais V on 20 December 2018 and was really enjoying it till early this afternoon, only done 850 km's and not even a month old and its started idling really rough, so rough I decided to head straight to the Holden dealer but I didn't make it there... 2 km's later it stopped and can't restart. Hopefully its just some electronic gremlin / teething issue but worryingly no engine caution light came up on the dashboard so who knows.
Didn't have to wait long for the problems to start... The "joys" of owning a Holden eh...
List of issues now is
1. Car only came with 1 key
2. No 2019 GPS map available at time of delivery
3. Stopped for no apparent reason after running extremely rough.

Maybe I should have stuck with my thirsty Chrysler SRT8...
The old gm pox. Oh and they’re not a holden

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Happened to spot a ZB that is being used by the ambos today.....Area commander was written over it....

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
ZB's are all being sold as Fleet Sales.

It's been said plenty of times before but Fleet buyers couldn't care less what they buy as it's the ATO that's actually paying for the vehicle and it's only going to be kept for 18 to 24 months, then they get flogged off and buy something else.

I don't see private people going out and spending their hard earned reddies on a new ZB., but then again GM couldn't care less who's buying them as long as they are being shifted is all they really care about.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
ZB's are all being sold as Fleet Sales.

It's been said plenty of times before but Fleet buyers couldn't care less what they buy as it's the ATO that's actually paying for the vehicle and it's only going to be kept for 18 to 24 months, then they get flogged off and buy something else.

I don't see private people going out and spending their hard earned reddies on a new ZB., but then again GM couldn't care less who's buying them as long as they are being shifted is all they really care about.
That's as pretty broad and incorrect statement.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's as pretty broad and incorrect statement.
Sounds spot on to me. And the fleet buyers are prob getting them for stuff all just to get em out of the showrooms

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Sounds spot on to me. And the fleet buyers are prob getting them for stuff all just to get em out of the showrooms
So, you also think that not a single retail sale has been made?

:rolleyes:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

1. ATO doesn't pay for the vehicle. The business pays for the vehicle and all of it's running costs, which are a deductible expense against income generated by the business with the effect of reducing the tax payable on said revenue.

2. Fleet buyers do care what they buy. Unreliable vehicles = downtime which costs money. Running costs cost money.

3. If a business purchases vehicles outright rather than financing them, any depreciation in value over the life of that vehicle is also a cost to the business.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
So, you also think that not a single retail sale has been made?

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE
Well I’ve only ever seen 2. One was a rental the other is a dealer hack.