Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

8 inch sub

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
mate you just need to listen to some more serious brands, and then you will realise that type X aren't all that they are cracked up to be. ;)

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
id opt for a 10inch sub mate, gunna be plenty punchy enuff and louder than an 8inch sub :)

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
yeah if i was opting for space saving i'd still go for a 10" simply because of the wider range of options that open up to you when you step up to this size. It won't necessarily need an enclosure that's going to take up much room in your boot. Plenty of 10"s are suited to 0.5 cu. ft. enclosures or even smaller maybe.

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
BigDaz said:
id opt for a 10inch sub mate, gunna be plenty punchy enuff and louder than an 8inch sub :)
Would it still be better to run one 10" sub than to run two 8" subs?

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
well 2 8 inch subs have more cone area so they would be louder on thqat but a 10 inch will probably have longre throw.... depends really.

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
well personally i wouldnt run either, my next setup will be 2 10's.

seems to me like if ur considering 8in subs then ur system aint gunna be very loud anyway so 1 10in will be more than enuff. PLus 1 sub is prolly gunna be better to wire up than 2 subs. could use a smaller amp ...... not like 2 8in's will need much power but :p

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
whatever you choose look at your sub wiring options and make sure you can match the impedences to an amp that can a)remain stable at chosen impedence and b)provide sufficient power at whatever impedence that may be. Also factor costs of cabling/terminals etc into budget if you have a set one.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
BigDaz said:
well personally i wouldnt run either, my next setup will be 2 10's.

seems to me like if ur considering 8in subs then ur system aint gunna be very loud anyway so 1 10in will be more than enuff. PLus 1 sub is prolly gunna be better to wire up than 2 subs. could use a smaller amp ...... not like 2 8in's will need much power but :p
mate power rating and "loudness" means stuff all. cold carve knows his **** with audio, and hence there will be a specific reason for 8in over 10in.

andrewgrazier

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT COMMODORE 50th ANNIVERSARY
how much space have you got ?
and how much money

12 in subs are best value for money of all subs
if you shove one in a smaller box that reccomended it will pretty much kill its throw distance as well which will make it perform better but wont be as loud.

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
u misunderstood me garfa, ease up i was just tryin to help. :)