Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

$800 Budget, Help With System!

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Just for your information, they're rated at 4 x 50W MAX. If you look in the manual at the specifications, they're usually rated at somewhere between 17W RMS and 25W RMS per channel. Which as you went on to explain is not really sufficient for decent speakers.

Thats why I said supposedly. Many manufacturers DO claim 4x50 RMS. Of course, its not true.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Where did you a see a headunit quoting 4x50wrms? Besides perhaps an old Jaycar unit.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Mostly they come in boxes that have a lot of bad english printed on them.. ( 4x50W RMS highest power for the loud pleasure listening .. etc ) why are we arguing lol I started off by saying supposedly.. its pretty bloody obvious when you look at a 200W amp that its not going to fit into a headunit :)

Last edited:

WHYtheFACE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Basically all headunits are 50W MAX, some actually say the RMS rating in the book somewhere i think mine says 17W RMS.

SWA90N!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT equipe wagon
TBH.. i wouldnt touch sony or these cheap powervox amps go to auto bahn, they have a huge variety. and go for clarion, mtx, soundstream, vibe, focal, option audio amps are they best i think i have a mono block and 4 channel and there amazing, and clarion subs are great and soundstream speakers are good and also running a touch screen clarion headdeck... auto bahn can do some great deals, about 700 for everything you need i say do it but up to you :)

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Yeah, if you want a fairly cheap system go to Autobarn or one of the other chain stores with average brands :thumbsup:

ewebz91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sportswagon
I wouldn't touch Vibe.. It's all crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive got the BlackAir 6" Components running in my car, and have no complaints with them, been in my car for about 3 months. My mates got a full Vibe setup in his VZ Calais and he hasnt had an issue either.

ryanrocket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6 2006
Okay, this is what I have come to. Please make suggestions where you think needed.

Front Speakers: ($78) Sony XS-GTX1621S 6inch Component Speakers - XSGTX1621S - $78
Head-Unit: ($185) Kenwood KDC-U549BT CD MP3 USB Bluetooth Receiver - KDCU549BT -$185
Sub: https://www.soundmaster.com.au/Kenwood-1200-Watts-12-inch-Subwoofer-Box-3012BOX/3012BOX/ - $149
$440 including postage for those 3.

Amp:https://secure.vividcluster.crox.ne...tView.asp?ID=AA0453&form=CAT2&SUBCATID=1028#4
$245 including postage for this.

$785 including $100 for wiring kit.

Is this a reasonable set-up for my first car system? I don't want anything professional, just some good sound for cheap prices. Any other suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks, Ryan.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
It will sound great mate, won't be able to compare it to a stock system. I noticed you're in the ACT, are you installing?