Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

82 vh ss

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Hi all,

just joined up. Here's my ride.
I bought it about 5 years ago, as a stock VH SS (4.2L 4spd). It was sold to me by a dodgy sort of guy who had performed a quick paintjob on it and obviously wanted to make a few bucks. It was wtock right down to the original SS 14 inch Cheviot alloy wheels. Engine, gearbox & suspension was stuffed, so I basically drove the thing home on a trade plate, parked it in the garage and pulled it to pieces. I replaced fairly much all of the interior - including recovering the dash(previous owner had removed the SS door trims and seats, fitting beige..... door trims & seats..... great match to the remaining SS dark claret dash & roof lining.... . Replaced all the suspension, built up a warmed 304 out of a VR coupled with a T5 and dropped it in.
It now has a HDT Grp 3 bonnet scoop fitted to accomodate the Trickshift manifold, I also plan on fitting a matching Grp 3 rear boot spoiler when I get the chance.

Model: 82 VH SS Commodore
Engine:Holden EFI 5.0L, balanced, ACL pistons, Crow Cam/valve springs, Rollmaster double row timing chain, Y/T roller rockers, Trickshift TTB intake manifold, Bosch 044 fuel pump, Kalmaker SP3 ECU, tuned by Paramount Performance
Gearbox Borg Warner T5 5 speed & RPM H/D clutch
Exhaust: Pacemaker headers, 3 inch single exhaust, resonator
Suspension: Koni adj shocks f&r, lovell s/l springs, whiteline sway bars, kmac camber adjusters, nolathane bushes, Pedders adjustable panhard rod
Brakes: VN Grp A 330mm front rotors & twin spot calipers, Grp A ventilated rear discs & calipers
Rear Axle: 10 bolt Salisbury 3.08 LSD
Wheels: 16x7 'Walkinshaw', 225/50/16 Toyo R1R Proxes tyres
Interior: recovered dash, re-trimmed velour door cards and rear seat in original 'dark claret', VS front door speaker pods, Cobra Daytona front seats, Momo wheel, electronic VDO speedo painfully....integrated into instrument cluster
other mods: VN 80L fuel tank, oil catch tank/seperator, fuel surge tank, VS steering rack & k-frame, battery in the boot
power: 275 rwhp
future mods: cylinder head port job, 3.36 diff gears with true-trac centre

Attachments

• user77_pic1481_1222861488.jpg
    user77_pic1481_1222861488.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 8,465
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 9,898
  • VH.jpg
    VH.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 6,443
Last edited:

MYVHV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHV8
Awesome car, motor looks tough with the twin throttles.

The combined weight of the VH with a worked 304 would be fun to drive.

Got any interior pictures?

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
thanks guys. :thumbsup:

some pics of the interior as requested

Attachments

• interior1.jpg
    interior1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 2,618
  • interior2.jpg
    interior2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,755
  • interior4.jpg
    interior4.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,505
  • interior5.jpg
    interior5.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 6,067

frosty_82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais
Great looking car there Darren i just tyring to think where i have seen this before???lol

Last edited:

scottVH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Blue 202
looks great
love the red paint on the ss

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
UPDATE:
the next thing to tick off my list

VN Grp A 330mm rotors & C4 twin spot calipers.
Bought these beauties a few weeks back.
100_1024.jpg

Spent a few hours tidying them up with the wire brush & aluminium cleaner, machined the rotors, ran a kit through the calipers and some paint. Came up looking good.

Had to get another brake hose made up for the r/h/s as one of the hoses that came with the brakes was blocked. I've got to fit the drivers side up yet, but trial fitted the wheel on the passenger side and geez it's a CLOSE fit under 16's!! The outer edge of the caliper just touches on the wheel weights. Might just touch up the fins on the outer edge of the caliper, otherwise the wheel weights would have to go on the outside of the wheel, which I don't want.

100_1025.jpg

I'll put some more pics of the brakes with the wheels on once it's done to show how close they are. They look good though with the wheels on. One step closer to getting it out on the circuit for some laps!