Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

83 VH 202, Yellow. Hopefully Future project.

Jedwards

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commie
Model:
1983 VH SL Commodore

Body Interior:
All standard.

Stereo/Electrics:
Pioneer head unit with aux in and 2 180w pioneer 2 ways, 300w fusion amp and some random sub.
(Mate sold me wiring, amp, sub for $70, thought it was alright.. Saving for new gear)

Engine & Mechanical:
Bog stock 202 blue
3 speed trimatic, slightly warn...

Suspension & Brakes:
All standard, replaced front rotors, pads with supercheap parts, Bendix break pads i believe.
Rear break pads also replaced, so pretty much new breaks..

Exterior:
Canary yellow paint, slight surface rust around boot, corner of guards, and doors, a few dings..
Completely stock, exept the chrome tow ball..
Clean car, so im thinking maybe a project in a year or two.

Stuff Left To Buy & Future Plans:
Hoping to buy some cop rims or something simmular, wouldnt mind making it a sleeper...
Thinking RB30 conversion in future, but I want a V8 aswell...
New sub and amp, hopefully..
wouldnt mind a slim spoiler, like a descrete one..
Future plans are to clean it up, and if funds allow, apprentice wage, turn into a really good sleeper, thinking either a 350 chev, or RB30.. Wouldnt mind the easiest engine to convert as I intend to do the whole lot. Plus I wouldnt mind a really quiet system, a worked V8 isnt that quiet...
Maybe lower it a inch or two.
So yeah, thats my plans for it. 2011-06-17 11.25.51.jpg
Ill Add more photos later.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Jedwards

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commie
Ari, Cheers sounds like a awesome system! Ill do a bit of research into that, thanks.
might keep it with a single pipe, but who knows what will actually end up happening.
Yeah they are silly, Played around with the settings a bit this morning, Im happy with the quality of the sound, so ill leave it.
For some reason the uploader doesnt like uploading my photos, Ill take some better pics soon anyways.

Jedwards

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commie
I got bored sometime last week, and after a bit of convincing from a mate i decided to give it the berries..
this is the result of my effort. I am going to say now, I am definantly quite a ########.
This was done up my drive as i could not bare to do anything on the street as i really need my license.
IMG_0820.jpg
Anyways, last saturday I re made my parcle shelf with a bit of felt or something i found around the house, im quite happy with it.
I also added a blue tosser interior light and cleaned up my sle wheels and put them on, i removed the rear guards after one of them became missing.
Il put some photos up again soon.
Being my daily drive its hard to find the time to work on it, but slowly, im getting there.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
More pics of car!!!!! Not bad effort for the 202, i would have been expecting a single legger for sure.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
looks really nicee mate

needa straighten the front bumper and should be sweet

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
cmon ari, mine rips doubbles if it gets off its lazy ass

Jedwards

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commie
More pics of car!!!!! Not bad effort for the 202, i would have been expecting a single legger for sure.
Yeah same, i got out and was pretty happy with the effort since the carby needed a rebuild.
Heres a video of it mann, it was running heaps rough when i did it so i thought id keep it up and see where it goes..

‪VH Commodore, SL/E Wheels.‬‏ - YouTube

[jonnoo];1929979 said:
looks really nicee mate

needa straighten the front bumper and should be sweet
Cheers mann, its not really, its soo shi* at the moment..
Yeah ive gota replacement bumper and lower splash panel, valant thingo for it im in the process of sanding and painting.
I need to find the time to get it on though, then ill do those headlight upgrades i was asking about.
Cheers for the help buddy, and 600 for yours? no way, it looks easily worth 1.5k or more man!
also cheers for that link on ebay with the springs, now i gotta get the money together, a guy at work lowered a rolla for 70 bucks and was telling me about getting second hand stuff.
I think if the price is right ill jump on it and get it done.

UM... how the F..K did you do twins with a 202? you MUST have an LSD in it?
I was asking myself that too!
and its full stocker Ari!

Sorry about the photos aswell, for some reason the photos from my camera dont upload on here.
Ive got my phones photos only pretty much /:
And when the weathers nice and pretty ill get some decent pics, hopefully this weekend ill give her a clean and get some pic up for you guys.

Parcel shelf.
2011-07-19 07.22.49.jpg

kinda tosser interior light...
2011-07-19 07.22.22.jpg

Last edited: