Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

85 Calais Central Locking

Perth85calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Calais
Hi Guys

New member here. After 20 years I have decided to get my central locking working again. Only problem is I cannot get them to work the relays are clicking with the door switch but no sol are activating. I have removed the relays and bridged the relay block and managed to get them to lock and unlock on each relay block but the relays even though the coils seem to be clicking they are not doing there thing.

I then bench tested the relays and they seem to be working with a multimeter connected so I am a little confused why they don't want to work.

Any help would be great.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi Guys

New member here. After 20 years I have decided to get my central locking working again. Only problem is I cannot get them to work the relays are clicking with the door switch but no sol are activating. I have removed the relays and bridged the relay block and managed to get them to lock and unlock on each relay block but the relays even though the coils seem to be clicking they are not doing there thing.

I then bench tested the relays and they seem to be working with a multimeter connected so I am a little confused why they don't want to work.

Any help would be great.
Wrong relays? Try different ones?

Perth85calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Calais
Wrong relays? Try different ones?

I think I have found the issue thing is doubt I am ever going to find a replacement. it the passenger door switches that's in all the push rod mechanisms. At least for now the driver side works will just need to troll eBay and see what comes up I guess.

Reactions: Lex