Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

87 Vl Berlin’s turbo formula

Waz81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl Berlin’s formula turbo
Hi all, looking for some answers on how much a 87 Vl Berlina turbo formula package 5 speed manual would be worth, thanks

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
Hi all, looking for some answers on how much a 87 Vl Berlina turbo formula package 5 speed manual would be worth, thanks
there was one up for auction at Greys in QLD..it was mint in wild mulberry (yum yum )........was on youtube

H

harrop.senator

That's a Calais not a formula. Formula was a dealer option with a group 3 rear spoiler , front lip , 15's and embroidery on the seats.

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
That's a Calais not a formula. Formula was a dealer option with a group 3 rear spoiler , front lip , 15's and embroidery on the seats.
so a bit cheaper than that one?........i think these days a price is determined by how much you can insure it for??? or the old how much someones willing to pay what do you reckon?? for instance...that old VN of mine Shannons insured it for $35K and after its finished will look at for $40K.....thoughts?

H

harrop.senator

I dno Shannon's would only insure mums r8 clubsport vx as a factory manual with all options for 17 when Suncorp took over. She had it for 22 or 25 before. They told her this time last year that the car wasn't worth more then that and didn't want to go a higher agreed.

She had a smack in December and told her we'll give 17k and keep the car or 10k and you can keep it and pay for it to be repaired. The scrap value was too high to repair it. Funny how it was worth 7 with a smashed front end but wouldn't go over 17 mint.

I'm having to pay huge monthlies and took me arguing with two people to get my CBR 900 insured for 10. As o said to them insurance is supposed to replace what you have. Show me a 92-96 HRC trip colour CBR 900 that's never been dropped , re painted , stickered and has every date matching plastic front to rear for less and I'll own 3 of them.

Insurance value is hard to gauge by. Dad's Mustangs insured for just under 100 but we think it's only a 75-80k car.

H

harrop.senator

But honestly how longs a piece of string. Let's guess values of 25 year old cars that can be sort after or a 30k project without photos lol.

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
But honestly how longs a piece of string. Let's guess values of 25 year old cars that can be sort after or a 30k project without photos lol.
i should have said mine is on NSW club rego which is 60 days plus club days at $42 pa........$175 pa for insurance.......but i cant drive it to WA :p better finish up or admin will boot us

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
There have been 50 thousand threads the same and always the same response.....

My offer is $20, with a full tank of 98 octane fuel, 12 months rego and delivered to my door spotless....Is that being unreasonable?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
There have been 50 thousand threads the same and always the same response.....

My offer is $20, with a full tank of 98 octane fuel, 12 months rego and delivered to my door spotless....Is that being unreasonable?
I don’t know why people seem to think Just Commodores is full of car value appraisers. A better yardstick would be to actually look at the market (Carsales etc) and see what people are asking for said cars. Not an accurate guide to be sure but better than asking some random people on a car forum!

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I don’t know why people seem to think Just Commodores is full of car value appraisers. A better yardstick would be to actually look at the market (Carsales etc) and see what people are asking for said cars. Not an accurate guide to be sure but better than asking some random people on a car forum!
Especially without photos or any information about condition, kms etc etc of said vehicle