Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

87 Vl Executive project

VL_V3nom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
Hey, here's my first VL project.

Model: Holden VL commodore
Year: 1987
Colour: Silver
Bodykit: none.
Engine Type: RB30e
Engine Mods: none
Power:normal.
Exhaust: stock
Gearbox: 3 speed auto
Brakes: Front - slotted disc, Rear - Stock Drum
Suspension: stock
Wheels/Tyres: Speedy 16s (they were on there when I bought it)
Interior: Stock (but a bit disheveled)
Other Mods: None
Stereo: Clarion head unit, Xplod 6x9, 12inch JVC sub in box, POS Audioline 4 channel amp

More info:paid $500 for it not running and unregistered but with period correct bicentenial number plates and $1000+ wheel and tyre package that has about 80% still left on it. Very rough looking on the outside, they had started to restore it but had lost interest so it sat for 2 years in the backyard (semi undercover).

Work done:
- K&N Cold air intake (semi-completed)
- Slotted front discs + new pads (completed)
- New Plugs & Leads
- Painted front calipers & rear drums
- Resprayed interior black (Dash and carpets done roughly, will need further work)
- Resprayed rocked cover and exhaust cover
- Upgraded Instrument Cluster to Calais and new t10 leds

Future work: - in no particular order
- Front windscreen seals and fix rust on front and rear (it's waterproof for now but looks like crap with the silicone I had to put in)
- Finish interior respray (Seats, headliner, door trims but I may just make new custom trims)
- New front bar (old one was cracked and I finished it off when taking it off the car)
- Full repsray (undecided on colour yet)
- Install second hand extractors and new 2.5" exhaust (the original muffler has a rust whole the size of my fist in it)

I think that's all for now but I'm sure there's more things I will find as I go along :)

Engine Bay Before and after
MYCBp0.jpg

c7N7ix.jpg

Interior rough start
E5dsRh.jpg

Cluster Uprgrade
8hqjM6.jpg

Front slotted discs
VhjNmg.jpg

g3nM5w.jpg

Rear Drums
orJXNi.jpg

Tu3TsR.jpg

Things will hopefully progress quickly up until the paint job, main thing at the moment is to get it roadworthy again and have it as a daily driver then work on the exterior.

VL_V3nom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive
OK so after that mixup with account I'm no longer banned... Any thoughts on the project so far?
And ideas for a color?