Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
just a bit of an update, ive got a few new things to install over the holiday period.
these include - front and rear h/d brake pads
- new handbrake shoes
- radius rod bushes
- h/d sway bar link pins
- new h/d clutch
- whiteline strut brace (wanted the one that goes back to the firewall but they dont have them for vn/p)
- whiteline h/d 27mm sway bar

also getting a new tailshaft as mine has a bit of a clunk in it.
after all this is in the car should feel great so im hanging for the holidays lol

RIMG0050.jpg

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
woot got my new tailshaft today so got that in plus i finally got a manual floor plate to stop all the sound and heat getting in the cabin and i also got a new clutch pedal spring as mine has broken.

RIMG0061.jpg

also changed the fluid in the diff and added some penrite limslip so that should keep it going nice :)

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
Bout time yopu updated this thread. I was starting to wonder what happened to this Calais!

Keep up the good work Champ!

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bout time yopu updated this thread. I was starting to wonder what happened to this Calais!

Keep up the good work Champ!

wasnt really interested in the car for quite a while cos i got a motorbike and bike license so was too busy with that but finally decided its about time i replaced a few things on the car and thats what im doing.

ive already replaced the swaybar,link pins,strut brace and bushes the other day and she just sticks to the road now it feels soo damn good:smoking: but in the next week im gonna do the brakes and will see if i can be bothered changing the clutch yet or not as the thrust bearing is squeaking and it is driving me crazy.

but yeh im also doing a massive service on the bike too so gotto find time for that aswell.

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
well what a night, i went to work and got to the last corner turn into work so went to gear down but couldn't put the car into gear so i think the thrust bearing has given way cos when i put it into gear now it makes a metal to metal squealing sound.

now thats not all, to top it off was putting it on a trailer to tow home and had one of the fella's at work guiding me on and then i feel a crunch:hmmm: he said its fine so i had to see and the ****er let me hit the side of the trailer and it now has a dirty big scratch/dent on the front passenger door:mad:

Last edited:

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
note the news tonight. indians look good with burnt arms. **** as news though. i didnt think the thrust bearings made a difference to driving when they gave out?