Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

91 VN+15k

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Have you budgeted for other driveline components and upgrades that may be required if you want to keep it legal?

A charger isn't legal unless its engineered. A lot of companies seem to go strangely quiet when asked about adr or epa compliance for their kits.

They are available but cost a shitload due to the testing that goes into it.

Personally, I wouldn't waste that cash on a V6. I'd go for the LSX conversion or jap import.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
That guy would be me and engine is back and blown looking over 250wkw on dyno in next week or to.JUST BUY A GOOD DAM V8 AND HAVE DONE with.

haha yeah forgot your username :p. good to hear it's going again, but i like your advice even though you still have the v6. this man knows the pain of trying to make a fast v6, i would hate to know how much you've spent (both time and money)

Together they should manage between 275 and 300kw..

where are you getting those numbers from? rwkw or fwkw? something is not right there.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
QUOTE=levymetal;1488158]haha yeah forgot your username :p. good to hear it's going again, but i like your advice even though you still have the v6. this man knows the pain of trying to make a fast v6, i would hate to know how much you've spent (both time and money)[/QUOTE]

Its like trying to get blood out of stone.It would be well over 10k, but iam at the point where i just dont care anymore.I will finish the vp and just dont care about the money or gf cost anymore :hit:

Weapon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VS
if i were you id drop a 2jzgte with aftermarket turbos, intercooler, and auto trans.

my 1.5jzgte is sitting at 220rwkw - with 9psi. ; with a tune and new fuel pump + injectors itll hit 320rwkw on 12psi.

depending on what state your in will decided how hard/easy it will be to register. here in sa its near impossible so thats why i just bought a manual soarer...

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
if i were you id drop a 2jzgte with aftermarket turbos, intercooler, and auto trans.

my 1.5jzgte is sitting at 220rwkw - with 9psi. ; with a tune and new fuel pump + injectors itll hit 320rwkw on 12psi.

depending on what state your in will decided how hard/easy it will be to register. here in sa its near impossible so thats why i just bought a manual soarer...

maybe so,but were talking about the buick motor

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
Lol u all make good points, but god damnit i still wanna do it (sigh)... Looks like im just gunna wait a couple months an get a R32, S14 or VL

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Lol u all make good points, but god damnit i still wanna do it (sigh)... Looks like im just gunna wait a couple months an get a R32, S14 or VL

BUY A V8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl2:

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
King i really dont want a V8.. Unless its a Hk Monaro or a gemmy with a twin turb'd 253 lol lol.. The hk aint gunna happen unless i catch a leprachaun an the gemmy is a clown of an idea

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
King i really dont want a V8.. Unless its a Hk Monaro or a gemmy with a twin turb'd 253 lol lol.. The hk aint gunna happen unless i catch a leprachaun an the gemmy is a clown of an idea

Ok then,if you go with SRE engine and supercharge it, you will need a fresh gear box with a good shift kit (Transgo) a lsd with a good set of gear and good free flowing system.All this is not cheap.My gear box lasted about 3 months lol

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
A VN is an old bad car. VN + 15K does not make it a good car all you get is a fast bad car. With 15K you could buy something alot better, newer and safer and at the end of the day just as fast.