Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

91 VN+15k

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
Gday everyone
Im new as you can no doubt tell and i am presented with a decision you can help with..
Slap a stage 2 SRE 3800 an a raptor pro street tuner kit in the old vn..
Or buy a new car?
From wat i can see on the interwebs, the 1st option should give more than 250kw.. But legal?

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
ahhhh yes... I see

redvsberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series II berlina
if it was me i would blow 5 on a raptor kit and buy a track car they seem to all hover around 10k

but you should hunt out a ls1 and put it in for some fun 15k would get one of them in

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
Mmmmz

Not too keen on 8's anymore...
Tho it could be an easy way out i guess...
All good ideas go guys and i hope to see more :D

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
for 15k you could eaaaassily put a cammed ls1 in your car which would **** all over the blown SRE motor. ls1 is faster, smoother, sounds better, more drivable, more reliable...

such a waste of money spending 7 grand on just a v6 engine alone. keep in mind these are only about as fast as a 5ltr which will cost you 1.5k to get in your car anyway. some guy had one on here and after a short while it dropped a valve. motor ruined.

and don't forget, you can't just 'slap' a SRE motor and charger into your car. the SRE motors are built NA so they have high comp, so you really won't get the best out of your charger. you'd need a custom built engine with low comp that's ready to be charged. not to say they won't do it, but probably more $$$...

otherwise if you don't want a v8 i would choose the 'buy a new car' option. if you spend 15k on a charged v6 you will most likely cry at the end result when you still get ripped to shreds by tune only ls1's.

other options:
- charge stock motor (will be faster than NA SRE motor)
- rb30 conversion (win)

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
Well the SRE 3800 package i have in mind is under 4k and its rated an ready for 10psi,
The raptor kit is also under 4k and manages 10psi,
Together they should manage between 275 and 300kw.. good gains seeing as its only half that at the moment....

If i go ahead with it i wont give a f*** when an ls1 beats me on the quarter on the rare chance i would bother going to the drags..

I prefer v6's as i have already stated, so i want a f****in good v6 for drift meets and everyday driving..

As it stands (with my preferances in mind) its either carry out this option or go for a jap import...

Thanx for your input tho :D i know you mean well and dont want me to make the wrong decision...
Keep going tho lol u may change my mind

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
for 15k you could eaaaassily put a cammed ls1 in your car which would **** all over the blown SRE motor. ls1 is faster, smoother, sounds better, more drivable, more reliable...

such a waste of money spending 7 grand on just a v6 engine alone. keep in mind these are only about as fast as a 5ltr which will cost you 1.5k to get in your car anyway. some guy had one on here and after a short while it dropped a valve. motor ruined.

and don't forget, you can't just 'slap' a SRE motor and charger into your car. the SRE motors are built NA so they have high comp, so you really won't get the best out of your charger. you'd need a custom built engine with low comp that's ready to be charged. not to say they won't do it, but probably more $$$...

otherwise if you don't want a v8 i would choose the 'buy a new car' option. if you spend 15k on a charged v6 you will most likely cry at the end result when you still get ripped to shreds by tune only ls1's.

other options:
- charge stock motor (will be faster than NA SRE motor)
- rb30 conversion (win)

That guy would be me and engine is back and blown looking over 250wkw on dyno in next week or to.JUST BUY A GOOD DAM V8 AND HAVE DONE with.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Well the SRE 3800 package i have in mind is under 4k and its rated an ready for 10psi,
The raptor kit is also under 4k and manages 10psi,
Together they should manage between 275 and 300kw.. good gains seeing as its only half that at the moment....

If i go ahead with it i wont give a f*** when an ls1 beats me on the quarter on the rare chance i would bother going to the drags..

I prefer v6's as i have already stated, so i want a f****in good v6 for drift meets and everyday driving..

As it stands (with my preferances in mind) its either carry out this option or go for a jap import...

Thanx for your input tho :D i know you mean well and dont want me to make the wrong decision...
Keep going tho lol u may change my mind

They are no good for a daliy drive.I have there stage 5 motor with a powerdyne blower and its nosiey/ lumpy as hell = **** city driving.