Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

91 vnss

frankenstein

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x 97vts and 2000 wh
Well here's the build of my ss

Well the storey is i bought it just over a year ago front damaged (previous owner hit a pole) with a blown auto box box stuffed bushes and just looked like a heap of ****. got it home and it needed new tyres alternator new front end as it had a bunkie arse front on it got it over the pits ant way here's some pics as it was.
day i got it
2n9z3f6.jpg

2ljp2u0.jpg

Later on during that day
4kek5t.jpg

well then it was time to take it to the pits and get regoed it passed with no problems so it looked like this for a few months after that
2poxe37.jpg

then after about 4 months of looking and a yellow sticker later i found a proper vnss front the same colour as my car so wet and got it then it went to this also converted it to manual some time through here.
2mh7rm9.jpg

After that i was looking through my shed and found a set of fog lights i bought for my old vq stato and never fitted so then it went to this a few weeks later
2ztkm4n.jpg

and then the alternator died so was on a tow truck home and new fitted
68szs5.jpg

Well got the shiny new alternator fitted and left it in the shed for a few weeks had no need to drive it then came a saturday night me and mates decided to go out cruising then something bad happened had an engine bay fire. so yet again was on the back of a tow truck
o6k6k0.jpg

the tow truck driver was a legend rang so many tow trucks to be told to #### off basically and even to be left on the side of the road for 6 hours with all the windows stuck down due to no electrics caused from the fire. rang midland towing he was there in 15 Min's.
any way after that could not find a 5ltr engine loom any where so me and dad made our own after 3 weeks of searching.
so finally back on the road. i found out about a track so off she went to the track day
339m4h2.jpg

o5b2nc.jpg

2rqdez5.jpg

then it was time for new grill and new rims and here's how she sits today
21f0jrm.jpg

next plans are
High rise super charger
lower
custom boot install
respray

vn_wagon90

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Wagon
Nice mate .. Looks like its come along way..

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Next plan should be to find some genuine foglights and the stripe decals.

frankenstein

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x 97vts and 2000 wh
stripe kit is coming once i have it resprayed but barley drive it fog lights will stay unless i find a mint set of originals as I'm not putting ones that have turned yellow etc in it i want to find one that i can wreck and make one mint car out of 2 at a later date.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Yeah nice work mate. Get it back looking pretty stock, but real clean and styled. Huge fan of VN SS's.

What else are you planning for it?

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ STATESMAN SV90 VQ CAPRICE WL CAPRICE
looking good defanatley changed a bit sice you got it. good to see your doing most of it your self too. Got any engine bay and interior pics?

frankenstein

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x 97vts and 2000 wh
Got a few but there older shots and as for all the work yea done it all with me and a few mates other wise would have spent double on it. future plans just keep restoreing it really and maybe lower been toying with the idea of adding a turbo but unsure.
interiour shot not that clean any more and now manual but will be geting it cleaned up again soon gravel driveway means alot of dirt gets evrey where on it
1fbbwy.jpg

engine bay when i first got it
vie5i9.jpg

engine bay now
2ex81o6.jpg

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
looks good,always had a soft spot for the vn ss,what caused the engine bay fire?

frankenstein

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x 97vts and 2000 wh
looks good,always had a soft spot for the vn ss,what caused the engine bay fire?
I had just put a brand new alternator on it and what i didnet realise when i fitted it was it had a nut loose inside it well that caused the loom to short circuit and go up luckily me and my mate got the bonnet popped and used wet sand to get the fire out.

frankenstein

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x 97vts and 2000 wh
Well i sold it tonight wasent really up for sale but had a good offer miss it already but its going to soem one who will use it more i did under 7000 kms in a year