Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

91 VP Berlina V8

D3V14NT

Likes Shiny Things
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP BT1 V6
Well after wasting much time and money on my 93 VP V6 I decided to cut my losses (before they got bigger) and move on to better things. Found this advertised online and within 24 hours it was in my driveway. Came with 10 months reg and cost me $1800. Will be selling off parts both new and used from the V6 over the coming weeks so let me know if you're after anything!

Car: 1991 VP Berlina

Engine: Standard 304 V8

Kilometres: 264xxx

Exhaust: Standard headers & cat + 2.5" cat-back

Gearbox: Auto

Colour: Dove Grey?

Exterior: Clubsport? Bodykit, 35% Window Tint, Calais Tail Lights & Garnish

Interior: Standard

Diff: Single Pegger - 3.08

Suspension: Came with FE2's from factory but I believe it has been changed since then. It's low enough to scrape the tow bar on 50% of driveways.

Brakes: Standard

Wheels: 17" VT SS

Tyres: Assorted

Stereo: Pioneer head unit, 2 way 6" Clarions in the parcel shelf, unknown speakers in the front with tweeters mounted on top of the speaker covers and a disconnected Xplod amp in the boot.

The Broken Stuff:
Door seals (will steal from the V6)
Dint in front left fender (half knocked it out but needs to be done properly)
Saggy headlining
Speakers not connected properly - need to investigate to see whats going on there.
Water leak in boot - spare wheel well is now a pond.
Boot release button in glovebox doesn't work.
Central locking has no remote and is a pain to lock drivers door
Elec antenna mast broken.
Cruise control doesn't work however the CRS light randomly turns on in the dash cluster.
Faded paint.

What I've Done:
Valve cover gaskets
Started removing the built up grease and grime from the engine bay. The valve covers have been leaking for a while and it shows. The exhaust header had half an inch of built up crap on top of it.
Mostly knocked out the dint in the front left fender
Oil Change
Bendix Ultra Premium Brake Pads
Replaced brake booster
Replaced odometer cog
New battery + terminals
New headlight globes
New stop light wiring looms
Fixed wiper switch
Nolathane front sway bar mounts

Future Plans:
At the moment just want to fix whats broken and get it cleaned up a bit.

Pictures:
front.jpg

side.jpg

rear.jpg

How it ended up
wreck01.jpg

wreck02.jpg

wreck03.jpg

wreck04.jpg

Last edited:

D3V14NT

Likes Shiny Things
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP BT1 V6
Been keen on giving it a polish and seeing how good it comes up. The clear has peeled off in a few places which sucks.

Also going to fit the stage 2 shift kitted valve body from the reco'd box that never quite made it into my v6 and the corvette servo I have for it too. Need to give it a trans service anyway and the v6 box is still just sitting in the shed so I can't think of a more perfect excuse to do it.

Just read the thread on your International. Nearly made me cry lol. Never good too see such a nice car destroyed let alone by theives.

D3V14NT

Likes Shiny Things
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP BT1 V6
Well the weather on the weekend didn't give me a chance to get stuck into cleaning it up and giving it a polish however I did give it a quick wash to get some of the grime off. Much nicer now the wheels have a bit of shine to them.

Bought some bendix ultra premium pads today to put in. All was well and good until I found out I don't have the lock nut key *sigh*. Using a 3/4 socket and a mallet I managed to get 3 of the lock nuts off but one (on the wheel that needs new pads the most of course) wouldn't budge. Taking it into a tyre shop tomorrow and they can have a go at it. Also replaced the front sway bar mount bushes with new nolathane ones. Fairly easy task and gave me a chance to get rid of some of the built up grease in the engine bay. Also put new wiper blades on. So much I want to do but so little time.

Nolathane stuff is on sale at Repco at the moment if anyone is interested.

D3V14NT

Likes Shiny Things
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP BT1 V6
Not bad.....

Thanks mate. Car's a bit rough around the edges at the moment but with some time and care it should come together nicely.

Took the car round to the local Kmart Tyre & Auto and got that last lock nut taken off. Only got a quick glimpse of the socket they used but looked like it had spiralling grooves inside, never seen anything like it. Got the last brake pad changed and finally no more squeeking! Unfortunately I think the brake booster packed it in today so will have to look at replacing that as not having any braking capacity makes driving a little hair raising at times.

Other than that spent an hour or so just tidying up little bits and pieces.

D3V14NT

Likes Shiny Things
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP BT1 V6
New brake booster in, pain in the ass of a job. Relatively straight forward to do just a couple of fiddly nuts behind the dash to make it difficult. Big improvement over the other booster even before it completely died.

D3V14NT

Likes Shiny Things
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP BT1 V6
Got some more stuff done over the weekend even with the rain.
- Fixed odometer by replacing that little cog
- Fixed window wiper switch so I now have all three settings not just '2'
- New battery + terminals.
- New headlight globes
- New stop light wiring looms

Dropped it off for a roadie this morning. Hoping for a short list of things to fix. New tyres from The Wheel Deal should hopefully turn up today, will take car in for a fitting, balance and alignment today or tomorrow depending on how long the roadie takes.

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
wow fair bit of work you have to do and have done. Its a neat car - the front bumper looks tough

With the cruise control being fiddly you could check the wiring of course but check the module itself - the first module that i got from a wrecked calais was full of water!