Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

91 VP Berlina V8

D3V14NT

Likes Shiny Things
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP BT1 V6
wow fair bit of work you have to do and have done. Its a neat car - the front bumper looks tough

With the cruise control being fiddly you could check the wiring of course but check the module itself - the first module that i got from a wrecked calais was full of water!

Cheers mate, I became a fan of the clubsport kit pretty quickly. Never really liked the spoiler but after having it on for a few weeks it's grown on me too. I'd love to get my hands on an actual clubsport front bumper though and the driving lights to go with it.

I feel compelled to fix everything that's broken no matter how little so this car will definitely keep me busy for a while. The problem with the buying an older Commodore is that everytime you fix some thing you always find something else that's broken.

I checked out the switch block for the cruise control when I had the cluster out the other day and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Next step was to check out the wiring and the module. It's strange as the CRS light in the cluster will randomly light up every now and then. Makes me think it might be a dodgy module. Anyone know if the v6 and v8 cruise control modules are interchangeable as that'd make life easier if they are.

Got the roadworthy checklist today. Could've been better but it isn't too bad I suppose.
- Replace front top strut bushes
- Horn button loose
- Replace LH Rear door seal
- Replace all tyres
- Front tie bar bent
- Tie Rod end boots cracked
- Oil leak
- Replace gearbox mount and missing mount bolt
- Front and rear uni joints
- Replace windscreen - arc markings
He also let me know the rotors just scrape in with about .5mm thickness over the minimum. I wanted to upgrade them anyway so they'll do until then.

Got stuck into it pretty quickly and have most of the parts I need ready to go with a couple of things on order. Fixed the horn button already, when it was fitted to the steering wheel correctly it was pushing the metal contacts together so I used the trusty dremel to remove some of the plastic so that there was some clearance. Also changed over all the door seals with the ones from my v6 as they were all pretty shitty and falling apart. Also had enough time to get under the car with a mallet and knock the tie bar back into shape.

I've got the car booked in tomorrow to get a new windscreen fitted and to get new tyres fitted, balanced and aligned. Also got nolathane strut top bushes coming tomorrow. Oil leak should be fixed with a clean up as I'm pretty sure it's just the left over oil from the leaking rocker covers. New uni joints and gearbox mounts are ready to go in, just need to find a replacement mount bolt. Hoping it wont be too hard a job, going to pull the tailshaft out to hopefully make it a bit easier to do the uni's. Got a couple of tie rod end boots coming in on wednesday and that should finish everything up for the roadie. Fingers crossed anyway!

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
The problem with the buying an older Commodore is that everytime you fix some thing you always find something else that's broken.
Anyone know if the v6 and v8 cruise control modules are interchangeable as that'd make life easier if they are.

Bloody oath!
I enjoy getting my car over the pit at my mates place but cringe at the many faults that i see.

Yep the v6 and v8 CRS modules are interchangeable it will (should) bolt in just fine.

Goodluck mate

D3V14NT

Likes Shiny Things
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP BT1 V6
Well after much time and money spent fixing all the issues and getting the car to pass the roadworthy test yesterday, it was written off this morning. Took a hard hit in the rear which bounced me into another car in front. Car behind hit me so hard it snapped the bolts on the drivers seat and bent the whole car into an arch. Brand new tyres which weren't even on there for 24hours were shredded from the rear section of the car being pressed into them. Will post pics up later. Much sadness.

To anyone who was travelling into melbourne on the west gate freeway this morning at about 7 - 7:30 would have seen the end result.

Chris1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp 5 litre berlina
Just been offered a standard VP berlina for $2K deceased estate, good deal?