Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

92 VP WAGON HELP

VPWAGONVGH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive Wagon
Hey fellas, got me self a vp wagon 92 model, just wondering what common faults these models have, and also if holding up the headliner with thumbtacks is defectible, just remeber a mate sayong the got pulled up for it few years back.
Cheers fellas

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
If the headliner droops and covers rear vision it can be a defect although pedantic as VN's have side mirrors.
I have posted about this before,close mate was pulled over for having Venetian Blinds,Nasco Accessory, on the back window of his HR,Police gave him a warning but said its illegal in NSW these days.
New headliner is a cheap fix thou.,under $400 from a car upholster/trimmer/detailer or easy to do it yourself.
Short term fix is the spray glue(aerosol can) from Bunnings/Jaycar,try not to breathe in the yellow particles from the lining,wear a mask.

VPWAGONVGH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive Wagon
Not bad cheers for the help, will definitely go buy some spray glue hadnt thought of that yet. Thanks mate

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Common V6 faults, oil leaks, coolant leaks. Fix one coolant leak and another place will start leaking. Manifolds leak coolant causing the galleries to partially block. Head gaskets that weep oil but are not a major issue.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Tailshaft centre bearing will probably need replacing. Have it checked ASAP as it may have been replaced. They let go with no warning and when then do you can often damage the shaft. Bushes if not yet replaced will be flogged out in the control arms. Tireod ends will probably be knackered unless already replaced.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Diffs get a bit noisey at around 160,000 k/m.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Nice new headliner for mine $160,worth it IMO

Oil leaks,suspension bushes,odometer gears,collapsed convertor/rusted out exhaust system.

My vp with 270k ran like shite...cheap brand parts(leads,plugs,coilpack) were the cause.

With a few budget mods they can be a decent jalopy.

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
plastic fittings out of the inlet manifold for the thermostat bypass hose (front) and heater hose (back) can and should be replaced with brass fittings if not already done.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yes Rob for sure. The back one, what a bastard. Hacksaw blade ground down to 5mm and cut a couple of slits in the adapter was the only way i could find to remove it. OP might get real lucky and it comes out in one peice, but that 1 chance in a million.