Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

93 VP GTS V6

Mshivnan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP GTS V6 #57, VR SS
Hi All,

I have a pretty original 93 VP GTS v6 #57 that'll ill be putting up for sale here in NZ. Have been searching through the threads about the "build numbers" (slapped together as i like to call them here) for these VPs and still cant find any number indications. Does anyone know how many there were? Highest number i've heard of is #97.

Any rough indication would be appreciated.
image1.jpeg

FBEKEJEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 304
Hi All,

I have a pretty original 93 VP GTS v6 #57 that'll ill be putting up for sale here in NZ. Have been searching through the threads about the "build numbers" (slapped together as i like to call them here) for these VPs and still cant find any number indications. Does anyone know how many there were? Highest number i've heard of is #97.

Any rough indication would be appreciated.View attachment 203248

There were 100 of these were built and only for the NZ market.
There is a bit of buyer reluctance to a GTS with a 3.8 motor, so unless it is mint dont set your sights too high for pricing.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
There is a bit of buyer reluctance to a GTS with a 3.8 motor
3800 V6 is a big block over in NZ as they had 4 cylinder available up until VN. Their standard engine in VP was 2.6 litre V6

Mshivnan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP GTS V6 #57, VR SS
There were 100 of these were built and only for the NZ market.
There is a bit of buyer reluctance to a GTS with a 3.8 motor, so unless it is mint dont set your sights too high for pricing.

Thanks for that. Yea haven’t got the highest expectations for pricing. Paid next to nothing for it really

FBEKEJEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 304
3800 V6 is a big block over in NZ as they had 4 cylinder available up until VN. Their standard engine in VP was 2.6 litre V6

Lol us Kiwis went cheap cause of the price of petrol here.. or maybe just the Aussies sent us there junk.

Actually you could buy the first of the VN with a 4 cylinder as well.. the standard motor for the VP was the 3.8. The inline 2.6 was a cancelled export order fobbed off on us kiwis. Gee if we were really good we could even buy a 5.0L. LOL

FBEKEJEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 304
Thanks for that. Yea haven’t got the highest expectations for pricing. Paid next to nothing for it really

Still a numbered car and VP are starting to become collectible.. probably a slight premium over a Vp berlina or such.
Price probably more relates to condition.. the better the condition and low ks helps.

Demondan

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VP GTS
I hane number 058.... bit different to tours though.... have been told between 4and 5k as it sits

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Its a nice clean example.