Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

94 Camry do-up?

Shivaga

Reaction score
Website
www.bhss.com.au
Members Ride
'05 VZ Lumina 3.6V6
My parents baught this a 94 wide-body camry new and i baught it off them as my first car at the start of the year so its got a fair bit of centimental value for me. its got 292 000kms on the clock so i no the engine will need to be replaced soon, and i was just wondering wot i'd need to maybe put a 6 in it. i know its not a holden but im just looking at all the possibilities before i scrap/sell it. atm its got a 2.2L 4cyl.

hsv_punk

I Just Want One
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Berlina V6
I had the 97 version. It was a good car. Gutless but good. I've heard stories of those engines going to over 400,000 before. So I wouldn't guarentee that its nearly dead. Unless it feels like it. With regular servicing those engines last a long time.

jacko

Reaction score
Yea, my cousin has a '94 wide body Camry.. with over 380,000 k's on the clock. Been reliable but they're having a fair bit of trouble with it now. If you want to put a 6 in it, try finding a v6 from one of the other wide body camry v6 models.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
yeah, go the camry V6....peter kittle toyota in alice springs have a twin turbo camry V6 in their desert buggy....makes 400 odd horsepower....jesus...i dont believe i just plugged a camry motor.... :bop:

stock_vl

wh internationals?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais 3.0L
HEY DUDE!!
we got one.... and me ma crashed it!! its been trashed at front drivers side.. car hit our front wheel wrecked it n the chassy abit..
got an engine that has done 205,000.
its only a 4 to i believe its 94 model csi wide body..... i actully cut the dash all apart and stuff!! dads getting sick of it and will be going to the wreckers withing the next few weeks for minimum of 600 and max of 1,400 i believe. if you want anything we gots it (it was like a dark grey looking colour) seats were cleaned before accident! although we crashed coz mum was having a coffee theres abit of that around.. but yeh. all windows except the front are good. im sure if you wanted something dad wouldn't mind getting rid of it cheap!!

waza327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
Maybe check how compatiable it is to drop a turbo import motor from a half cut.

But at the end of the day it is a camry. Sell it and get a commodore.

Shivaga

Reaction score
Website
www.bhss.com.au
Members Ride
'05 VZ Lumina 3.6V6
gotta few options

cheers guys, i found out that a lexus IS 300 (3L V6) will fit beautifully in it. checked out a new 4cyl and i dont need to tell u where they can stick there price! :D

N

noofa

3sgte (turbo) from a GT4 Celica or MR2 should bolt right up. You would need to replace the gear box tho

Shivaga

Reaction score
Website
www.bhss.com.au
Members Ride
'05 VZ Lumina 3.6V6
Cheers noofa, i've had a fair few people say and confirm that so i think it's a goa! :D That lexus would also fit really well too, if the cam woz RWD!!! :embarrass my bad :bop:
thanks alot to all u guys for your help!!!