Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

94 S ute

AlexR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR 'S' Ute
G'day all, Young bloke here, 2 years off from getting L's (hahaha), But have had a bit of driving experience, learnt to drive at 12-13ish in a 5spd excel, bit of experience in the ute (auto fail 4spd yes I would've liked the 5spd better :p). (Learnt to drive on private property).

Without further ado I'll show the beast.

Stock standard 1994 VR 'S' pack Ute.
This things obviously a workhorse (Hence all the scratches, bugger all servicing whatsoever etc) Runs pretty well, Harmonic balancer went at approx 140-150thou Ks, Transmission solenoid failure around that time aswell, Other then that the motor has been solid and reliable, rear brakes need work (Will be happening soon) They seem to be making a grinding noise? Any Ideas? also the brake pedal seems to have less pressure? hard to explain.

Future mods - Rebadging with newer style holden badges, respraying to alaskan white (Dad had a BT1 VR V6 in this colour which had internal work done, we fell in love with it the day we got it), OTR CAI intake, bellmouth removal (done), Forged pistons, 460LE shift module stage 1, Insulated tubing for air intake, K&N high flow air filter, Transmission rebuild with Corvette servo, Slightly lowered (Not stupidly lowered, No 5km/h speedbump crawls kthnx?), Replacement of shock absorbers, replacement of engine mounts (rubber, Lasts longer, is cheaper, bit stiff but meh), VY SS or VY sigs for rims ,Interior work, Leather seats, new carpeting, Catbacks and extractors (2" or 2.5" through, 3" tip), VR SS bodykit with foglights, and many more

Work cut out, First priority will be getting the motor in tip top shape.

Also, I'd be correct in assuming the ute is Live Axle?
Dad will be upgrading when I get my learners so this is mine.
Will be changing oil, flushing radiator, Changing sparks and leads (I suspect the coilpack is on the way out) and all other minimalist maitenance items (Gotta love the school holidays).

Sorry for the long post, what do you guys think? any suggestions? No I will not be fitting a d*ckhead bar and 10 different antennas on it, No use when you live in the western suburbs.

Sorry for such the long post guys

Attachments

• moto_0057 (Copy).jpg
    moto_0057 (Copy).jpg
    149 KB · Views: 262
  • moto_0058 (Copy).jpg
    moto_0058 (Copy).jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 275
  • moto_0062 (Copy).jpg
    moto_0062 (Copy).jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 235
  • moto_0074 (Copy).jpg
    moto_0074 (Copy).jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 240
  • moto_0091 (Copy).jpg
    moto_0091 (Copy).jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Not a bad start mate! Keep posting as you do it up.

AlexR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR 'S' Ute
Thanks mate, Shes scratched to buggery on the sides, I've basically being using cut and back polish on it to no avail, Cleaning up the interior, cleaning up engine bay with degreaser, tightening up loose hoses, fixing up minor leaks, etc, Motor maitenence will happen sometime next week. Nice ride yourself mate, clean cut, Love the botannica mica look on the commodores. Will be heading down to spotlight next month to pick up some material to fix up the head lining (Read the how-to guide, **** easy to repair). a mate got his Acclaim headlining done in a custom HSV pattern, Look great but spent $300+. Also developing plans for a carpc (Running on centrafuse, brothers built one in his VY S) got hundreds of computer parts kicking around so no worries!

Im open to criticism/suggestion guys

AlexR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR 'S' Ute
Im not putting to much work into it now, Dads still got it, its still "A workhorse mate, so no need to care much about it" argh!! get stuffed!

VS-S-PACK-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
haha deadset, well that aint true at all man, im an apprentice chippy and use my ute for work, doesnt mean u rnt allowed to have a mint car, basically half my pay goes into it one way or another. everyone has there own opinion, i reckon u oughta hook up a set of paccies but, it was a very noticable upgrade in power lol. but yea ute looks nice, if u wanna see wat it'll look like lowered and on VY's check out my thread buddy.

AlexR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR 'S' Ute
haha deadset, well that aint true at all man, im an apprentice chippy and use my ute for work, doesnt mean u rnt allowed to have a mint car, basically half my pay goes into it one way or another. everyone has there own opinion, i reckon u oughta hook up a set of paccies but, it was a very noticable upgrade in power lol. but yea ute looks nice, if u wanna see wat it'll look like lowered and on VY's check out my thread buddy.

ahaha, Too right mate, Plan to become an apprentice mechanic and auto sparky, **** pay but its something Im good at and I'd enjoy test driving the V8s that come in :p, Don't want a ute that looks mint, I'll be using mine for the off job here and there, Just something clean cut but still grabs looks. and yeah, I reckon Paccies will be definatly added as a pretty high priority, I wanna get the thing breathing properly (bellmouth removed+bugger all servicing=pretty rough idle) Although shes smooth as whilst driving/Idling on 98.
Getting the rear brake rotors machined and changeover of pads, possibly change the master cylinder, changing the oil, sparks and leads just before winter rocks around.

Nice ute mate, Loving the mags on it, Personally reckon you've got it lowered to a perfect height, any scrapping?
Also the reason it looks so nice is because I polished the bugger up and washed her, Took the photo whilst she was still wet

Leathal11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6spd Ute / VS 5spd L67 Ute III

second that im an apprentice chippy and i use mine everyday haha iv had 6 sleepers and 5bags of concrete in her at the one time haha ended up botteming out on the gas tank :p but still great car for work and play :)
:beer chug:

keep us posted

edit: and i love the colour looks nice
and yeah it should be live axel does it have LSD do you know? i found out mine did the other day haha i was stoked :p

VS-S-PACK-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
haha yeah alex, it scrapes the **** outta the cat over every speedbump :( i will be posting pics up of how it sits on stockies, also just bought myself a set of 1.95:1 roller rockers that will hopefully be goin in on the weekend along with slotted and drilled front rotors. gona b having alot more fun with her now ;). leathal11, u r clearly is loving life now that u know u got an LSD to play with, i found that putting a heavier oil in seems to work better towards stoppin it from singling out ;). As a chippy u find that its hard getting onto some sites or finding parking due to the low factor?

AlexR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR 'S' Ute
Thanks guys! me and dad are taking her up to the blue mountains on a job, Then possibly some 'private property' :D.

Put some thought into the sound system lately, and to be honest, I don't really give 2 shits about it, Sounds alright stock, replace the headunit of course (One of those cheap clarion ones), maybe replacement of speakers and 16x9s behind the seats (Proper install, not a bogan cut into structual metal install) Will need to tap off a 12v constant line for the carpc though, I've got designs, Just need to put them to paper, cigarette socket would be the best place to tap off? I'll have a hand in the audio section though, Its good having people around that know the ins and outs of car audio and car pc installation.

But as mentioned before top priority is getting the motor running tip top, then giving her a bit of grunt, then get her resprayed either white or the standard purple, That colour has honestly grown on me, The whole VR S standard look i've fallen in love with if you check out the Holden site, Google evolution ends here, check out the History of the holden ute, You see the VR S there, looks beauts.

Also, that site claims the ute comes with central locking, Its got the key for it, but pushing that button only makes the interior light come on. Good thing we got some central locking actuators hanging around.

AlexR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR 'S' Ute
haha yeah alex, it scrapes the **** outta the cat over every speedbump :( i will be posting pics up of how it sits on stockies, also just bought myself a set of 1.95:1 roller rockers that will hopefully be goin in on the weekend along with slotted and drilled front rotors. gona b having alot more fun with her now ;). leathal11, u r clearly is loving life now that u know u got an LSD to play with, i found that putting a heavier oil in seems to work better towards stoppin it from singling out ;). As a chippy u find that its hard getting onto some sites or finding parking due to the low factor?

ah, yeah mate, mums got a barbados blue VZ, Lowered to all buggery, Scrapped like hell, We got the sides rolled, still did it, so went a tyre size lower (Firestones, Not cheap radials). That seems to have fixed it. Will be upgrading the brakes to the VT kit (common mod you see around) and a good set of shoes to boot, With roller rockers I hear its better just to get a cam? Tell us how she goes.