Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

94 VR Stereo Wiring

BigMoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubby
Hi All. First time poster here. I just bought a VR commo and it had a kenwood head HU in it but it was old and not functioning as it should. Anyways, I pulled that out to replace it with my Pioneer and I did the stupidest thing I could of done... I cut the wires from the back of the kenwood without looking at or labelling what wire went where :banstick: I have browsed through the audio section and everyone that has posted doesn't seem to have the same colour wiring as I do. I can kind of gather that the wires that have the same colour except for the black line, are speaker wires (im not really worried about them I can figure them out no problem), my problem is, I cannot for the life of me find the power! I don't have one of those voltmeter thingos (that look like a small screwdriver) but I have a black/white wire (im assuming this is the earth), an orange and purple wire (??:hmmm:) a stray grey, a stray beige, a red, and a yellow. I have tried every possible combo (I think?) but I just cannot get the damn thing to power up. HELP ME!!! :beer chug:

jonboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive s2 v6
im pretty sure yellow is main power, and orange is acc, either beige or grey is airial or lighting. i cant remember exactly tho

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
the three mains are balck earth yellow ing red battery

for speakers you can use a 9volt battery and spark it on the wires to hear were they are the speakers are usaly the same couler but one has a black line

oh yea it dose take a while to wire them up properly as i have done a few