Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

94 VR V6 Manual Loosing power Intermittantly

Vncom91

Reaction score
Hi, I recently put all my running gear (motor/gearbox ect) in a new body. Not the first time iv done this.

So my car has developed a stalling/loss of power issue that is getting worse and worse. It seems to happen just after i change gear, the car completely dies (but doesnt actually stall) and picks up again and runs and does this occasionally as i accelerate whether it be WOT or HT. Also have noticed a loss of power. Then sometimes i start it and it is perfectly fine.

So far i have replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, coil pack, IACV, TPS, Throttle body and been over every relay and fuse, all earths, ignition connectors, spark plugs/leads connections and vac hoses. Basically during the swap everything was unbolted and refitted, so really nothing is different from the previous car which ran perfectly.

I have also done a code check and got code 12.

So im hoping someone has experienced this before and can shed some light, iv searched the forum but have been unable to find something similar.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as im beginning to become stumped and repairs start to get more and more involved and expensive so im not so keen on just hitting and hoping.

Thanks in advance.

M

magnumv8

my 2 cents-had a similar issue with my WB, when giving it some it would do nothing intermittently. Problem ended up being fuel tank outlet connection that wasn't air tight-air was getting into the fuel line and causing the loss of power under light or hard accelleration----no guarantees just a maybe?

Vncom91

Reaction score
thanks mate, i did recently change the fuel pump so its possible but i changed the pump because i thought it was the solution to this problem. Ill check them all. Does anyone think this sounds like a crank angle sensor? Its almost like the car looses spark