Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

95 Buick Roadmaster

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Yes, a Yank Tank. Even, by mid 90s standards, is pretty darn big. Same body was used for Cadillacs and Chevrolet as Impala. Was also used as a police cruiser and taxi. The LT1 Chevy version without the rear wheel well skirts, was the Impala SS. I think is the last of the land yatchs; from there up to day, they got smaller in size. Anyway, this is the last of the GM B Body RWD platform; I think it was discontinued in 1996.

There is also a Station Wagon version of the same platform. Read somewhere, long ago, about some guy driving a Caprice Station Wagon with a 5 inline MB Diesel. According to him, not only made it a great towing vehicle, also had fantastic MPGs; some around the mid 30s (compact car numbers).

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Yes, a Yank Tank. Even, by mid 90s standards, is pretty darn big. Same body was used for Cadillacs and Chevrolet as Impala. Was also used as a police cruiser and taxi. The LT1 Chevy version without the rear wheel well skirts, was the Impala SS. I think is the last of the land yatchs; from there up to day, they got smaller in size. Anyway, this is the last of the GM B Body RWD platform; I think it was discontinued in 1996.

There is also a Station Wagon version of the same platform. Read somewhere, long ago, about some guy driving a Caprice Station Wagon with a 5 inline MB Diesel. According to him, not only made it a great towing vehicle, also had fantastic MPGs; some around the mid 30s (compact car numbers).
Is the boot or trunk in your language big?

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
And therein lies the difference between USA and AUS ........... AUS would measure the capacity of the boot as the number of beer slabs you could stuff in it.

Or 44 gallon drums.

9cfab263c4bb9ec33272ada6176e6da9

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Forgot to get back to this thread. The hesitation is fixed, it was the plug wires. Had to pay a mechanic to do it. One asked me $350 to do the work, another asked for $180, the 180 one said, after all the work, he regret for agreeing for that "little". Hey, a deal is a deal. Had to go that route because of safety reasons. I do not have a lift or an adequate area to do the task. Anyway, as I suspected, the wires were so worn out, the electricity was crossing over through the insulation. Mum in law is happy, runs like a champ with lots of power. Now that is fixed, she is not driving it much and the battery is dead; that is an easy fix.