Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

95 Buick Roadmaster

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Well, the hesitation is gone. Changed all the ignition wires for AC Delco OEMs. They were worn out and contaminated from years of use, that spark was jumping from lead to leads. Runs like a champ now, the LT1 still have few tricks left.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Of course is no show car engine... I said, if you want a show car and the plug wires hidden, out of sight, to consider (keyword "consider") an Optispark. Is just for the looks.

Oh no, as daily driver, no way in hell will put that in.

I understand the design but GM already had a reliable waste spark system and why not install it in this engine is beyond me. All I can think of why they decided to do it is the accuracy on the light sensor approach, instead of magnetic sensors and maybe, snatch a powerplant package from the Camaro/Firebird assembly line and call it a day.
IIRC the LT1 design and assembly was a joint venture between GM and Mercury (the boat engine makers) so the LT1 is literally a boat engine. Explains why it’s a stupid design if Mercury had anything to do with it.

Ive done work on a friends boat with an inboard Mercury V8 (the cool fuel system and fuel pump) and it was a complete bitch to work on!

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
What was the subject of this thread?

Just went on a tanget by 1 mph.

Started off as me showing a barge with some issues. I thought some members might be interested on the design features.

marty351

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl gemini
Just went on a tanget by 1 mph.

Started off as me showing a barge with some issues. I thought some members might be interested on the design features.
Would that be the mid 90's yank tank?