Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

95 Manta starting issue

Matthew Anderson

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 Manta
Righto all I can see on it is fp770. I can see it was only put on about 6 months after new because it has a date on it. But it has a weatherpack type plug with 4 screws holding the wires on.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
F10 only a cleaning agent, if you want to keep your fuel from going bad the use fuel stabilizer, what is fp770? can you here your pump priming, does fuel flow out of the bleeder valve.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If the Alarm was only fitted 6 months ago how long have you owned it? I would piss it off and re-solder your bcm wires and use heat shrink over the top, or get a new alarm that works with your existing key fob. Probably a cheap unit and the module is rooted.

Matthew Anderson

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 Manta
No not quite mate, what I mean is the alarm was fitted 6 months after the car was built.
In regards to the fuel pump noise I asked my Mrs to confirm a few days ago that there is no noise now, but I distinctly remember the new one didn't either like a traditional type of noise. Weird and hard to believe I know. Before I check this dizzy with this problem I need to get under it again and pull a fuel line of after and before the fuel filter to check pump. Long story but I haven't had time. I totally understand that it looks, sounds and points to a fuel pump issue yet again. I just don't get why after changing it once, fired no problems, started, ran no problems. Sat a month. Change another fuel pump, same thing and then another month third time same thing.
Appreciate the ideas though fellas, just trying to understand why. 5L are meant to be pretty much indestructible with only 150k on the clock if 3know what I mean. Cheers.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
The ol 5.0 is fairly indestructible if well maintained = regular oil/ filter changes.
Other items are more sceptical to iussies and time.
Silly question have you checked the fuel pump ( main fuse ) under the bonnet?
I know when mine went exhibited the same as if my hsv immobilizer was active and could not disengage .