Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

95 VR Berlina Dash in 93 VR Acclaim?

Koza13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Ok i have a parts car thats a 95 VR Berlina (it has a busted chassis) and im just wondering if i could put the dash from that into my 93 VR Acclaim? and what other things would i have to do, like would i have to change the ECU or something as well?

Koza13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
also if it can go in the Acclaim would the digital odometer/trip computer thing and climate control from the berlina still work?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
They will work, but they are not plug and play. Re: cluster, search for a thread called Trippin'.

Climate control can be done, but you need ALL of the wiring and sensors associated with it.

Koza13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Thanks, the tripin' thread really helped. Answered all my questions. Its a lot more work than what i had thought though lol

sxi ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
Only takes a couple of hours, it seems more than it is

Koza13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
For the people that have done this before, could you please tell me your experiences? Eases and Difficulties about the job and maybe the tools required
I would really like to do it, i mean i have all the parts required so why not upgrade?

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
It's not all that hard, set aside a day and that should be easily enough time.

You'll need a philips head screw driver, a couple flatheads (one being very small), a pick if you don't have a small flathead, maybe a pair of pliers, a 2m length of rope/cord, electrical tape, the pinout diagram off the trippin thread would be good too. Optional is an alcoholic beverage of your choice.