Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

95 Vr V8 manual ute

Alexhadland1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Ute
Hi all,
I own a Vr 5L V8 ute which died on me whilst on my way to work. I noticed that morning when i left for work when i put my foot down it'd hesitate before revving.
When the engine stalled out it would kick but not fire so i got it towed to the mechanic who said it was putting out a fault code for ignition module or some ****.
The mechanic then replaced the ignition module, coil, fuel pressure reg and spark plugs.

The car now starts *woohoo* though it seems to be running extremely rich, when you go to takeoff it hesitates coughs and splutters before going. if you come to a sudden stop or let the revs drop it'll stall out. took it back to said mechanic who then said its putting out a fault saying its over fueling and i should take it back to where it was tuned.
I asked if they'd checked the dizzy or leads though he was admit that it couldn't be either of those.

I did get it tuned about a month ago though it was running like a dream after it was tuned didn't splutter or hesitate.
Since i had a few things replaced is there anyway that could of ####ed with how my ecu was remapped or the tune?

I now have it at another mechanics who cant look at it for about a week or so.. Though recommended that i try replacing the vacuum hoses and oxygen sensor as a start because apparently they're relatively easy to replace and it might help.

Ive read many threads of similar problems though not really sure if its worth me ####ing around with it because it can be such a wide variety of problems.
Any feedback or input to what might help or what it might be would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this isn't in the right category or something like that, Ive loved these forums for years and they've got me out of trouble numerous times though now its time for me to start asking questions..
Cheers :):):)

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
As a first step, I would suggest that you display the error codes yourself, using the link below and post up the actual error code(s). We can then provide you with appropriate advice. You could also check to see if the vacuum hose is connected to the fuel pressure regulator and to the rear of the inlet manifold. Problems with ignition items such as the coil and ignition module are relatively common. However, if the car was running OK before your current problem, it's possible that replacing the items in your list above has created the additional problem you are experiencing.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/checking-error-codes-vr-vs-revised.22307