Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

95 Vs Acclaim

Y

YSPEED

I just bought a vs commodore 95 acclaim model today
it's a great car and very simple the only thing i CANNOT find is the bloody light switch in the car im always opening the door to get the light turned on anyone know about this
thanxs

G

grover

i've got a vr acclaim and the interior light switch is right next to the headlight switch.its a dash light dimmer i think{from memory,havent had mine long either}push it all the way up and it should turn the interior light on.

Y

YSPEED

yeh i tried that and it doesnt work
geez its funny my speed alert doesnt work but it lights up!!
the radio lights up!!!
but the dashboard lights dont work at all neither do the lights work on the gearbox shifter
im guessing its fuses ill check it up in the morning if its not fuses i hope its not the globe inside the dash because its gonna be a long day taking out the dash and replashing the globe :/

G

grover

do your tailights work?i know on earlier model holdens the tailights and dashlight are on the same fuse,so if both were out it was always the fuse.

Y

YSPEED

i know the brake lights work as i can see from reflection tail lights not sure
oh yeh the park lights dont work as well

T

troy5.7

you will probably find it is a fuse its not very often all globes in the dash dont work there is a few.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Yep it'll be a fuse for sure.
And changing lighs behind the dash is nowhere near as hard as you would imagine it is.

G

Grantis1976

The switch is the same on VL commies.
The bulbs are murder to change on all commies. -dashbulbs

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Don't wanna sound like a prick and disagree with you Grantis, but I reckon compared with other cars (well all BMWs, and older Toyotas, Mazdas, ricers etc) they are extremely easy to pull out and replace.