Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

95 VS Clubsport won’t start

HSV8VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubsport
Hi all i have an Automatic 95 VS Clubsport i just put a new battery in it and it started for about 2 mins then stalled now it won’t crank over at all. I have no Stereo power, central locking, power windows won’t work & interior light only works from switch not on opening doors. The dash is working/lights up. I’ve checked fuses and main fuse (both under bonnet and dash) all are fine...any ideas on what the problem could be please? Any help would be great

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You didn't install the battery around the wrong way initially did you? It almost sounds like you have had an electrical spike that has damaged some component - like the BCM?

Have you checked all your fuses, not just the main one?

Check the condition of the start relay. Swap it with another of the same type.

Last edited:

HSV8VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubsport
Hi yes I did put the battery in the wrong way for a sec. the car ran fin after that for around 2 mins now have no power only the dash will light up but nothing else works...I have a VR Senator would the BCM fit in to the VS from the VR senator?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
VS Service Manual says: "IMPORTANT: The High Series YAZAKI BCMs' used on VS and VR Series Models are not interchangeable due to differences in terminal assignments and vehicle wiring."

Did you check the fusible links as well as the fuses?

Post #11 on the link below says:

"there is a fusabol link on the positive lead that usually frys (100% on the v8's not too shure about the vs v6's)

just checked my vr and its the little red wire on the +'ive that goes in to a single plug that connects to a white wire"

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/posts/964932/

Last edited:

HSV8VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Clubsport
Hi i found a blown fuse it was the fuse under the bonnet f/pmp fuse. I didn’t think this would fix it as i thought this was a fuel pump fuse and thought it wouldnt stop it from turning over but it is now starting again. I also realised the 1 of the buttons on the remote was stuck down and fixed that too so eitherway she’s up & running. Thanks so much for your help & suggestions.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You dodged a bullet there mate. ;)

Mr exhaust

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore ute s pack 6 auto
Hi all i have an Automatic 95 VS Clubsport i just put a new battery in it and it started for about 2 mins then stalled now it won’t crank over at all. I have no Stereo power, central locking, power windows won’t work & interior light only works from switch not on opening doors. The dash is working/lights up. I’ve checked fuses and main fuse (both under bonnet and dash) all are fine...any ideas on what the problem could be please? Any help would be great
There's a little box under bonnet that fucks up think is on left inner guard.did you say you changed the battery check that you connected the in line fuse link associated with the battery