Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

95 VS commodore low lpg kms

Frog201

Reaction score
hi

I have a VS commodore on Duel Fuel When i run it on lpg i only get 250kms per tank around town (petrol i get a lot more kms) What can i do 2 get more kms per tank

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
alright first question....... do u thrash ur car at all?

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Thats normal dude, I get around 250 out of a tank (I have a 75 liter tank) and I rarely rev it past 4000rpm..

bare in mind that gas has 20% less efficiency compared to Petrol...and that you can only fill your tank to 80% of its actual capacity (60 liter's)

so 250 is quite normal out of gas around the city...around the country, gas can last around 500 or more k's...too many people gague how efficient petrol is on there cars on what people say Taxi's do....Taxi's do get around 500 k's out of there gas...but bare in mind that they are dedicated LPG cars that are tuned especially for gas...not duel fuel...

For $2grand you can get a full gas upgrade with special injection manifold that has the same efficiency and power compared to petrol...however, its still f*cks up your engine one way or another...we are all losers with today's petrol prices...LPG is only a temporary solution...lol

mrhotdog

What Would Jesus Do?.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
where can u get an injection system upgrade for 2k? i got quoted min 3k+ to do it on my wagon

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Price I was quoted with that I got my gas done from, bare in mind that my mechanic is one of my best mates dad, who works next door to the gas conversion place and gets me sweet deals...however, with the injection system being around $3k, thats absolute rubbish... I was quoted $2400 for standard system, $4400 for upgraded injection system...