Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

96 VS Senator #690

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
New speakers for the front arrived today, Alpine type R SPR-60C 6.5". Being 6.5s I have to modify the door pods to get them to fit right. Pretty easy to do, just cut the whole pod lip around the stock speaker sat. Only got the passage side in and did a little comparison with the driver side. Nice clean crisp sound, it sounds a bit funny on the ears as its not something I'm used to.
Hopefully the rears drive tomorrow, they are Alpine type S SPS-610G 6.5".

Still haven't gotten around to painting the inside of my rims, been lazy.

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rear speakers are in, the old ones where pretty much non existent they had perished that much. While the seats and parcel shelf where out I decided to pull the rear quarter windows out to re seal. The passenger side had screws that had fallen out so ran down to the wreckers to pick up another. Ended up finding one in better condition so had a little win there. Lastly got the tint matched on the new window and pull it all back together. Happy days. Time to finish those rims.

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nearly a year has passed since Iv posted on here, not much has changed. Rims got finished and tyres where fitted turned out ok for now and will probably get redone once its on club rego.

Have a new boot lid sitting here waiting for paint as the old one has rust just under the number plate.

Have moved into a new house since owning this thing so that has been taking up most of my time. Plenty of renovations to do. Still looks great and drives well, have only managed 2000km in the time since I last posted.

Will update this some more during the week.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I've got the same problem with my bootlid :(

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
As far as I can tell, the lights on the boot leak and there is no real drainage holes in the cavity behind the number plate. I have drilled 3 small holes in the new boot that should let the water out if any happens to find away in there.

Need to order new lights, a badge and find a new garnish for the boot before I even think of it going on.