Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

96 VS Senator #690

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V Wagon, VS UTE, 96 VS Senator
So she passed the RWC today with flying colours, bulk fist pumping all day long. Pick it up tomorrow and off to vicroads to get rego and transferred to my name. Have the day off work so might go get some powder coating quotes for the wheels and possibly engine covers.

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
Finally its in my name with my plates on. Been three years without a decent car for my plates, feels good having them out of storage.
IMG_4455.JPG_zpscqyz2oda.jpeg

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
What's in the box ?????

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
What's in the box ?????
Nothing special. Just a new radiator, have had some cooling issues which I suspect to be a blocked radiator and for how cheap radiators are I thought may as well get a new one.

IMG_4511.JPG_zpsxq91urvo.jpeg

More things to come tomorrow if express post is nice to me, otherwise a long wait till Tuesday.

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
So today was a good day. Good old aust post came through with the goods.

70mm TB
IMG_4519.JPG_zpsmdvmjdu8.jpeg

IMG_4520.JPG_zpsg90i57ee.jpeg

New rubber for when my rims get fixed and painted. Bridgestone Potenza RE003

IMG_4517.JPG_zpsojmztmtd.jpeg

IMG_4518.JPG_zpsfevcdvtf.jpeg

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
Apart from the TB I don't plan on making anymore mods, it was way to cheap to pass up. lol Maybe a tune as well I guess.

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Nice, I'd be interested to know what you think of the bridgestone potenza's when you get them on because I am a fan of them , got talked into fitting a couple of pirelli dragons on maloo, which are better than what was on it but I don't think they're as good as those. They were about 60 bucks a tyre less though.
A full exhaust with the throttlebody would make a fair difference,not cheap though. If you could pick up decent second hand paceys and get a twin cat into twin 2.5 or 3 single. Had maloo dynoed stock, got what I thought was a low power but torque was right on the money and then dynoed ( gust power runs) after throttlebody and exhaust and made 38 rwkws and a good increase in torque

spud_22

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice, I'd be interested to know what you think of the bridgestone potenza's when you get them on because I am a fan of them , got talked into fitting a couple of pirelli dragons on maloo, which are better than what was on it but I don't think they're as good as those. They were about 60 bucks a tyre less though.
A full exhaust with the throttlebody would make a fair difference,not cheap though. If you could pick up decent second hand paceys and get a twin cat into twin 2.5 or 3 single. Had maloo dynoed stock, got what I thought was a low power but torque was right on the money and then dynoed ( gust power runs) after throttlebody and exhaust and made 38 rwkws and a good increase in torque

Iv never had the pleasure of being able to afford decent tyres so these will feel good no matter what. lol
Its had some exhaust work done, I need to find out if it has factory headers or not and about the cat. Has some no name 3" single with a J pipe already. It doesn't really drone and sounds a little lumpy idling along. The lumpiness is leading me to think it has some kind of mild cam in it. Never had a 5L so I'm not sure on how its supposed to sound.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah was running bridgestone potenza's on my standard 16 mags , was a bit surprised and disappointed that I was talked into/ agreed to get the pirellis . I recon you'll have to be doing something extremely intentional to over power them with a stock/ mild 5l. The grip and handling I think is great.
Factory hsv headers aren't much longer than standard holden ones. Triys and 4into1s will be a lot longer and go into 1 right at the bottom of the engine. My exhaust was not cheap and was told that you can not avoid some drone going twin high flow cats but it will support anything up to a medium strength 355, which one hopefully one day might happen. I know when I drive drive my monaro which at this point only has a cat back exhaust I go this is nice and quite but then I get back in maloo and I go i missed this it sounds bloody unreal .
Yeah to me mine only sounds like it has a cam when it's cold but a friend who's right into his hot rods and street machines says he can tell it's cammed. He said it sounds more old school which is what I wanted.
Google this I've seen on Facebook a couple of times Dick Johnson driving brockys A9X torana around Bathurst , holy f**k that car sounds so f**kin fantastic

Last edited: