Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

96 VS Statesman V6 Instrament Panel Issues

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Holden VS V6 Auto Sedan
Hi all. I have a 1996 Statesman VS V6 Model and am having issues with the Fuel and Temputure Gauges not working which I presume is making the Digital Trip Computer Readouts to give false readings. The speedo and Rev Counter are fine.
I have searched through the forums on here and am unable to find a wiring diagram I may be able to trace possible issues.
Can anyone please help with this issue... Thanks David
David’s VS Statesman

CCCMikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS '95. LPG. 513,000KM
Just a curiosity, have you tried thumping the dash just above those gauges? Mine stick on every other trip these days, but a brisk whack wakes them up. I think the lubrication is gone on the mechanics of them, and the thump is enough to overcome the static friction.

No idea about the digital trip reader though - I don't have such luxuries.

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Holden VS V6 Auto Sedan
Hi CCCMikey
Thank you for your advice. I have been doing the thumping and also use to press hard on the centre of the panel which made it work for a short time. What I ended up doing is I tore the whole panel apart and have resoldered all joints and reinstalled it but by forcing the panel back and inserting a 11mm old socket between the main dash metal frame and the instrament panel I have at least regained the fuel and temp gauges back to full time. Sounds funny but it works. Now I am trying to work on trip meter readout panel so all digits display. I will try and share any info.

All the best David.